Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Obtaining a serial number for a license key

david_blankenship

I have two license keys for Intel Parallel Studio. It is time to renew my licenses and I need the serial numbers. I have one serial number registered in my account. How can I obtain a second serial number for the license key that I have, so that I can then renew the license? I do not think that it has been registered.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
James_T_Intel

Hi David,

If your license has not been registered, you can look in the license file to find the serial number.  If you purchased from Intel, you should have an email with the serial number as well.  If you purchased from a reseller, I would expect you would have an email with a serial number, but I cannot say for certain how a reseller handles their serial numbers.

I highly encourage you to register your serial numbers, this grants access to support and updates, as well as making renewals easier in the future.

Do you need additional assistance?

James.
Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos
david_blankenship

I don't have a license file. I have a license key. A 13 character alpha numeric string XXXX-XXXXXXXX.

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

That is the serial number.

0 Kudos
david_blankenship

That worked for the key that was not registered. Thank you. My confusion came with the key that was registered. The serial number is different than the key, and when I tried to register it said bad serial number. I think I am good to go now.

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Ok, I'm glad it's working now.  I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.

0 Kudos