Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Plugin issues

Michel_K_
Beginner

With the 2548 version I tried again to remove unused plugins. Most XDK couldn't be removed  ; the following message is displayed :"The action you requested requires removing modified (user editing) plugins". It's not the case as I didn't modify any plugin. When I go on, clicking on Continue, this message is then displayed : "Unknown Error - ENOENT, no such file or directory".

It's the same for two Cordova plugins : 'Battery', 'File transfer'. Plugin 'File', needed by the plugin 'File transfer', couldn't be removed.

Morever,  W8 build failed with this message : "Build Error - Unable to build - Plugin 'File Transfer' appears to be invalid.

Are there solutions ?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

It sounds like your project settings have be come corrupt. Can you create a new project, then copy your code over, then setup the plugins/settings and see if that helps?

0 Kudos
Michel_K_
Beginner

I restored my project to its state before plugin removing, which was used for a successful iOS build, the one which was published. Then, the Windows 8 build succeeded.

The issue results from plugin removing as I stated in a previous post ; your answer was to wait for the next XDK version for plugin removing, what I did.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

So you are saying that you still can not remove plugins from your project?

Can you add them without issue?

0 Kudos
Michel_K_
Beginner

Yes, all Cordova and XDK plugins are included in the projects ; so, I didn't try to add others.

Issue arises when I remove plugins which aren't needed.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Michel - the issue you are seeing is due to some corrupted project files. The only way to fix it is to do as John suggested in his earlier post, to create a new blank project and then copy your sources from the problem project into that new blank project. Then add the plugins you need to the project. There is no other way to fix this issue. This can happen during a project upgrade.

0 Kudos
Michel_K_
Beginner

I understand your advice. Copying sources from the old project to the new one won't be difficult but retyping all build settings may cause new errors. Is there a file that can be copied to transfer these settings ?

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Take screenshots of the settings in the XDK, and look at those as you type in the settings for the new project. The reason we dont want you copying files is because its possible that they have become corrupt.

0 Kudos
Michel_K_
Beginner

Thank you Paul and John.

I successfully recreated my project. I tried a Crosswalk Android build to check whether  it's OK. Unfortunately it failed with error code 8.
I attach the log file.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Cordova CLI 5 imposed a limit on icon and splash screen formats to PNG only. This is an undocumented change that has only recently been revealed. Convert your splash screens to PNG format (you can't just rename them, you have to convert them) and use those newly formatted PNG images, and your project should build properly. We're in the process of updating our documentation.

0 Kudos