Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Pre-requisite and Activation Issues in Installing Intel (R) Parallel Studio XE 2017 for Windows

Dian_R_
Beginner

Hello,

I am installing Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 on a windows 10 64 bit system on non-Intel processor. During the 'Pre-requisite Issues Summary' checking phase, there are a lot of notes as below:

System reboot may be required.
For extended GPU analysis with Intel(R) VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2017 on Intel(R) HD Graphics and Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics, make sure to reboot the system before data collection.

The product version does not support hardware event-based sampling for the Microprocessor in this system.
Installation can continue, however performance analysis types that use hardware event-based sampling (EBS) will not be enabled.  All other performance analysis types will be available.  Refer to the product Release Notes document for the most recent list of supported processors and instructions on how to enable EBS, if appropriate for the processor in this system.

The system does not have an Intel Architecture processor.
Installation can continue; however, product functionality may not meet expectations because this product is untested on this CPU.

Additional requirements for using Intel® C++ Compiler to offload application computation to Intel(R) Graphics Technology
Please see the online Getting Started With Compute Offload To Intel Graphics Technology (https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/getting-started-with-compute-offload-to-intelr-graphics-technology) for complete host and target requirements.

Microsoft Visual Studio* 2015 does not have C++ "X64 Compiler and Tools" components installed.
Installation can continue; however, Intel(R) C++ Compiler for Intel(R) 64 and Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler for Intel(R) 64 will not build using Microsoft Visual Studio* 2015. 
Please refer to the Release Notes for information on configuring Microsoft Visual Studio* for 64-bit application development.

Microsoft Visual Studio* 2015 does not have "Common Tools for Visual C++ 2015" components installed.
Installation can continue; however, Intel® C++ Compiler and Intel® Visual Fortran Compiler will not build using Microsoft Visual Studio* 2015. 
Please see (https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-c-fortran-compilers-for-windows-integration-into-microsoft-visual-studio-2015) online article for information on configuring Microsoft Visual Studio* 2015 for Visual C++ development.

After I click 'next' and activate by entering serial number, it always gives error message :

"Activation rights do not allow this software to be installed. This could be due to expired subscription or incompatible serial number"

I've tried several times, and always stuck in this phase. i also have tried using license file, but it's not work at all.

is anyone know how to solve this kind of problem?

Thanks,

Dian

0 Kudos
0 Replies