Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Problem when installing Intel Performance Libraries for Linux with Community License

lei_n_
Beginner

Hello,

I have downloaded Intel® Performance Libraries for Linux* with community license. I am trying to install them in my Laptop running Linux Centos 4.3. I have registered my serial number on Intel Registration Center (https://registrationcenter.intel.com) and noted that my serial number has valid support status and active. When I came into installation process, at activation step (using online activation) i entered my serial number and i got this message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Checking serial number...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The serial number you provided is not valid for this product.
Please press "Enter" to try again: 

Any idea about what could be causing this? I am looking forward for replying about this...

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

I've sent you the license file. Please use 'Alternative activation..... Use license file' for product activation/installation.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
lei_n_
Beginner

When I choose alternative activation using Intel(R) Software License Manager, the installation asked me to type in the port@host for license server. Where can I find the address of the port@host for license server?

Step 3 of 7 | Activation > Alternative activation
Your license file is available for download from
https://registrationcenter.intel.com. Further instructions are available at
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/offline-activation-of-intel-software-de
velopment-products.
The Intel(R) Software License Manager User's Guide explains how to download,
install, configure and troubleshoot the Intel(R) Software License Manager. The
guide is available at:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/license-manager-for-flexlm-users-guide.
1. Activate offline [default]
2. Use Intel(R) Software License Manager

h. Help
b. Back to the previous menu
q. Quit
Please type a selection or press "Enter" to accept default choice [1]: 2
Please type the port@host for license server: 

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Sorry, there is one step in between, Select 'Activate offline' and then navigate to the option to use the license file. Your license isn't supported by and doesn't need a license manager.

Hubert.

0 Kudos
lei_n_
Beginner

I get my license file from the email attachment. But also I cannot pass the activation. Is my license file not valid? How can I do about it?

The license file(s) you provided is not valid for this product.
Please press "Enter" to try again: 

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

I don't have an indea what could be wrong on your side. Please copy over the license file to /opt/intel/license or ~/intel/licenses and restart the installer. This time the option 'Use existing license' should appear then in the Activation dialog. Select this option.

If this is not the case something else is wrong on your side. Or you may have used incorrect product packages not suitable for the Community License.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
lei_n_
Beginner

I reapplied a license for parallel_studio_xe_2016_composer_edition_for_cpp_update3. But it seems to be the same problem. "The serial number you provided is not valid for this product."

Now, I have dealed with this issue for about three days. I have sent you my lic file and the product that I downloaded, can you test it for me? Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Lei,

Did you check whether the license is readable with the user right you install the product with ((sudo)root or user).

Please try to create a debug log when installing:

Before you run the installer, create the enviornment variable:
export INTEL_LMD_DEBUG=/tmp/LMD.log
and then run the installer from the same login prompt. Please send me the log via "Send Author A Message".

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Lei,

Do you still need help from my side? Is the problem solved?

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been resolved. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos