Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Problem whit building (v2170)

Leonardo_S_3
Beginner

I'm experiencing a problem when generating Legacy Hybrid build from Mobile, since the upgrade to the 2170 version of Intel XDK. The problem is when I want to add the images belonging to the icon and load images from the ASSETS tab, when I load the images that you design for my app, images that comply with the requested specifications, returns me the following error: "An Error ocurred while building the application. Verify build your assets are correct and try again. "
With the previous version could generate all the build I wanted, with the same images, and generated me without any problem, this problem began when updating the software.
I need an urgent solution to this problem and I need to update some applications that have published at major retailers.
From already thank you very much, greetings.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I will check with our build engineer to see if there was a change (this issue is not due to 2170, that screen you are seeing is generated by the build system, so any version of the XDK will result in the same problem).

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Can you provide more details:

• which platform are you building for (android, ios)?
  • what is the name of your app?
  • info from the "details" page in the build screens (title and package name)
0 Kudos
Matias_G_
Beginner

The problem is generated for any of the platforms, whether Android, iOS and Windows.
The title of the application is: 24 User Security
And the package name is com.tecnica.security24user

0 Kudos
Matias_G_
Beginner

Correct, the name of the application is Security 24 User

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Thanks for the details, I've forwarded them to the build engineer and he is going to see if he can determine what is causing the problem.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Build engineer says you built 17 times today, four were successful. What did you do differently that resulted in the four successful builds? He is not seeing a pattern in the data available to him.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_S_3
Beginner

I have not done anything different, as I said, before upgrading and did not have any problem since upgrading to the latest version 2170, I could not compile more. I miss several tests and the only thing I noticed is that when I add a picture in the esset tab returns the error I already mentioned.
I have scoured the forum and saw that several users have the same problem as me, I mean that everything gives me to think that there is an error in the new version of the software I ask that you please resolve promptly or allowing me turn back to XDK upgrade intel.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_S_3
Beginner

How different I was not upload images on the esset tab, the four built successful are those that were the only ones who do not load images.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I'll let the build engineer know that not providing images correlates to good builds.

Which OS are you using? I can attach the prior XDK install file for your OS to this thread, but it should not make a difference because that build screen you are interacting with is an iframe inside the XDK being presented by the build server, so the issue is most likely on the build server, not in the XDK.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_S_3
Beginner

Use Ubuntu 14.04 and Windows seven, so I tried it in Windows 8.1 and have tried to compile via web from my panel applications that story with my own intel, but the problem is the same, adding the images load and icon my application, it returns me the error in previous threads.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_S_3
Beginner

Paul, how are you? I have not had news about the problem, and I've tried many things and no longer left to do, I still have the problem. There will be no way to return to the previous version of XDK intel or solve the problem that they are having if they have any. Urgently I need to upgrade the updates that have published by a recently discovered debug and failing to generate the build to make these updates in store is bringing me too many problemsbuildAndroid2.pngbuildAndroid.pngbuildAndroid3.pngbuildAndroid4.png

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Hello Leonardo, sorry, we are not dedicated to forum activities, we have many other responsibilities in addition to the forum, and must juggle those responsibilities. I have forwarded the additional information to our build engineer to see if we can figure out what is going on. Can you provide a ZIP file of a complete project that fails the build along with the images that are causing the problem? Click the "Send Author A Message" link on my post to send me a private message and attach the ZIP files to that message.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Hello Leonardo, the build engineer believes he has identified the problem and hopes to have it pushed to our production build server by the end of today (Pacific time). I'll try to make sure to post to this thread when I hear from him, but to be sure, try your build again in about eight hours and it may be fixed.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Hello Leonardo, the fix has been pushed to production. Please try your build now.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_S_3
Beginner

Paul, apologizes for the last message sent, had not seen the last threads of the forum, today I tried it for android and I could compile without problems. Thank you very much for the help.
It is to try it for Windows and iOS, anything I notice private.
Thank You.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Dear Paul, I am sorry to come back to bother you, but I'm having a problem uploading the upgrade to Android store, I could compile the application update but when I go to the store tells me that "The code version of the APK must exceed 45. "Is there any possibility to change the code from the XDK?
I when I started with this problem remove all applications, both XDK intel, as my panel in the cloud, not if it has to do something. And this is how this zero check.
I hope you can give me an answer soon. Thanks greetings

Hi Leonardo, in the legacy builds you don't have the ability to change the version code (that is what the store is referring to). Send a message to html5tools@intel.com with the name of the app, the app ID and your userid and the problem (the error message you just gave me) and they should be able to fix that.

In the standard Cordova builds you have control over that number, in the legacy build system it is automatic.

Regarding the Windows build system, that is not working, and I don't have a date for when it will be working. We don't have a workaround for the Windows builds, at this time.

I would encourage you to update all of your apps (once you've replaced them in the stores with your fixes that you are doing) to standard Cordova apps. The legacy build system is going to disappear, you will need to be using Cordova at that time.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
Paul, how are you? This annoying once only for a consultation. It is still not possible to compile for Windows from the XDK not? Because both cordova probe as with the legacy and though I have all green accents, I shot the error with which I started this whole message exchange. I wait your answer. Thanks greetings.

The Windows legacy build systems are not working at this time. Please see my previous post.

Please use the private message for private matters, only. Sending private messages limits your support to one person, each of us can only provide part-time support to the forums, we have other duties in addition to forum support. Relying on a single forum mediator is not a good idea.

0 Kudos