Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Problems accessing message board...

isn-removed200637
I have just started having problems using my usual route to the Fortran forum message board. The forum page I now get when I enter

http://www7.compaq.com/forum?

sends me to

http://www7.compaq.com/forum?CPQ@@!top=1

and this page contains only management software under application development, with 'compilers' omitted, so I cannot get to the Fortran forum by clicking on 'compilers'.

I went back to an early e-mail that I recieved after logging in December 2000 and used a link that it contained in order to get here and post this message. What's going on?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
Apparently some clever guy decided this is a good method to access the board. Worse still, ''Refresh' leads (probably 15+ minutes after initial login) to request for relogin, and then nowhere, so I have to go through torturing procedure of accessing forum home, re-logging in, and through two links (Forum->Compilers->Fortran) to the Fortran Forum. Could you please retreat this to the previous state? Why should anyone be requested to log in if he only wants to see what's new?

Jugoslav
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
This was a surprise to me too. I've filed a complaint about it.

Steve
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Should be back to normal now...

Steve
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Kind of a strange new forum kink. Before I post this message, when I view the forum, the only topic is 'Printing list of project files...' and all the other topics are sub-topics of this one! Who knows what will happen after posting this message!
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Well, now we know what happens! :-)
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Damn - I wish Houston would stop messing around with things! I'll get this fixed...

Steve
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
I hope there wasn't something in my reply to 'Printing list of project files...' that messed it up. The problem seemed to occur right after I was notified my message was posted.
Dick
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
As a matter of fact, there was - an unclosed table tag. Unfortunately, the forum "rendering" software gets very confused by malformed HTML in messages or even in source. I've asked to get this resolved, but am not sure how successful I'll be.

Sometimes I take to editing posts to replace problematic characters with <, > and "

Steve
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
I hope there wasn't something in my reply to 'Printing list of project files...' that messed it up. The problem seemed to occur right after I was notified my message was posted.
Dick
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Sorry about the double-post. After taking a telephone call, I didn't remember that I had already pressed 'Okay'. Shouldn't there be some feedback to that--or did I overlook it. Also, it would be nice if the Edit button would actually allow changes--or, once again, is there something I'm overlooking.
Dick
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I reported the problem with the Edit button again...

Steve
0 Kudos