Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Problems in building mode

A_B_3
Beginner

I've got a problem in XDK 2727 on Mac OS X 10.10.5

When I press "build" button nothing matters and only preloader circle. Sometimes (not every time) 10-15 minutes later I get email with link to my app. But building process on screen don't stops. I have to press "Close Build Page" to stop it. I want to get window with e-mail field of recipients such as was earlier. Where is it ?

How I can make building process faster? Maybe I can render XDK project on my local mac?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

This sounds like your XDK is losing the network connection with the build service. That page that shows the final build results actually comes from the build server, it is not generated by the XDK. So after the XDK sends your app to the build server and starts the process, it waits for a reply from the build server, which generates that page.

Do you have a slow Internet connection? Or, perhaps, a network connection that frequently drops packets or has a lot of lag?

What part of the world are you located in? Our servers are hosted in the US, if you're network connection to the US are slow, that could be causing a problem.

If you perform a performance test with your browser (using, for example, the ookla network test at http://www.speedtest.net), what sort of ping delay do you see? What are the download and upload results? You might want to run the test by picking a US location for the test, such as Philadelphia, PA.

Here's what I'm referring to with that test:

Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 3.45.56 PM.png

0 Kudos
A_B_3
Beginner

Thanks. My location is far from US on the other side of Earth (unfortunaly:)

I 've tried this test to Philadelphia, PA and got such results: Ping 129ms, Download 40 mbps, Upload 41 mbps

Some months ago when I used XDK on old PC with Windows7 I have not got these problems. And now on new Macbook with Intel Core i7 proc I got it ;)

Maybe I can change any proxies settings or other network settings?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

That ping latency is slow, but not awful. The other numbers are good. My suspicion is you are losing some packets, which is not an XDK problem but a network issue. If you are seeing this on the Mac but not on a Windows machine, I suspect something about your network configuration on the Mac. Are you using some sort of firewall software or similar software to control/manage the Mac's network interface? When you compare the Windows machine to the Mac, are they running on the same network? Are you connected via wifi or wired? Try a variety of network locations and connection types.

0 Kudos