Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Product activation failed for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for C++ Linux*

Allyn_F_
Beginner

Hi, I'm new to using Intel products so this has me stumped.

We have licenses for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for C++ Linux* (although it appears our support just expired on June 2).

I can't get through the activation step.  We're behind a firewall so using a serial number fails because the activation servers can't be reached.  I tried using the Flexlm license file but that fails also and says there's no valid license for the product.  Same message when trying to activate with the license server (which is up and operating according to lmstat).

I could really use some help.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Allyn,

Sounds like you want to install a newer or the actual version of the Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for C++ Linux* with an older version of your licenses. I see version 2013 SP1 licenses only under your registrations and so this is the most likely reason for the failure.

When you login to the Intel(R) Registration Center https://registrationcenter.intel.com and click on the product Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for C++ Linux* you will find upgrade links for all outdated license versions. Follow the links to upgrade any or all of them to version 2016. This will generate a new serial number for each of the upgraded license.

If this is not your problem or if you need more help, let me know.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Allyn,

Do you plan to renew your licenses? Are you aware of the renewal options (Pre-/Post-Exp. SSR)? Altough your licenses are expired, you have still the chance to get a Pre-Exp. SSR within the 1-month grace period after license expiration. If you need more information, let me know.

Hubert.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been addressed. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos