Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Profiling HTML code for different web browser

Tan_K_
Beginner

Hi, I had wrote an HTML5 script to play video on web browser. I would like to find out the CPU and GPU usage for different web browser when running my HTML5 script but I don't know the method or it that possible to do it.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

I recommend accessing the developer tools for all of the browsers that you are interested in validating your video playback. Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer has tools commonly found under their settings.

0 Kudos
Tan_K_
Beginner

But different web browser might have different algorithms to do profiling. So is that possible to use Intel VTune Amplifier to profiling my HTML5 script on different web browser?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

You can profile any app running on your desktop with Vtune, but you won't be able to profile the HTML5 part directly, Vtune profiles the low-level interaction with the processor. If you do your testing carefully, you might be able to deduce what JavaScript actions are resulting in performance issues, etc. But most of that behavior is going to be a function of the browser's JS interpreter, which you may not be able to do much about. I recommend you use the built in JavaScript profile tools that are provided by the browsers if you want to understand how your JS is behaving on a specific browser.

0 Kudos