Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Pushwoosh and Admob intel xdk plugin don't work together

Avihay_H_
Beginner

Hi, after a lot of talks with the pushwoosh guys, this is what I was told:

CURRENTLY IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO USE BOTH ADMOB AND PUSHWOOSH PLUGINS IN THE SAME PROJECT

Here is the reason: our plugin can only work with the latest Google Play Services library. It was manually added to our plugin, because otherwise the project would pull the older version of this lib, and it will cause the app to crash. When you add both AdMob and Pushwoosh, you get two different versions of Google Play Services within a single project, which also causes conflict.

Please note that there is no workaround for this situation, and the resolution does not depend on us.

To sum up, you won't be able to use these plugins together until AdMob starts using the latest Google Play Services library. We have already contacted Intel XDK support regarding it, but it will certainly help to speed up the process if you also submit a support request at Intel.

My question is, when is it going to be possible to work with pushwoosh and admob in the same project in intel-xdk? 

Please assist me

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Avihay_H_
Beginner

Pushwoosh is a push notifications service... it is supported by intel xdk and should work along with it.

Admob works fine without pushwoosh and pushwoosh works fine without admob, but together they don't work...

I really need assistant with both of them...

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Which admob plugin are you trying to use? There are multiple plugins out there from a variety of developers. There is no official admob plugin provided by google, these are all being provided by independent third-party developers. It would be best to bring this up with the admob plugin developers. Intel and the XDK do not control how those plugins are written nor do we control which libraries they choose to include with their plugins, so there is always a possibility for conflict.

I am not aware of who at Intel the Pushwoosh people may have contacted. Can you get a name from your contact there so I can talk to whomever that might be? Please send me a private message with that information.

0 Kudos
Avihay_H_
Beginner

Hi, Paul I sent you a PM, please assist. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Gary_H_2
New Contributor I

I also want to use AdMob and PushWoosh so please post any resolutions you come up with. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Ali_H_
Beginner

Hello guys, I just faced this problem now. until now I couldn't find a solution to admob and pushwoosh getting together. 

Did any one stumble on a solution? 

Many thanks

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Ali,

I've reviewed the way the Pushwoosh plugin is constructed and they are doing it the "right way" regarding the Google Play Services library inclusion. We've seen many issues with the various AdMob plugins, my suspicion is the AdMob plugin is the problem, because it is pulling in an older version of the Google Play Services.

I just reviewed the construction of the AdMob Pro plugin, and it appears that it should also do the "right thing." You will have to add that one using the third-party plugin dialog, not by selecting it from the featured list. Do the following:

• Choose Plugin Management from the Projects tab
  • Select Add Plugins to this Project
  • Select "Third-Party Plugins" from the left-side list
  • Enter "cordova-plugin-admobpro" into the "Plugin ID" field (without quotes around the ID)
  • Push the "Add Plugin" button

I have not tested this. You will have to use CLI 5.1.1, this will NOT work with CLI 4.1.2.

An alternative is to try some other AdMob plugins, there are many more out there.

0 Kudos
Chandu_N_
Beginner

I also faced this problem. Are there any solution for this?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Chandu -- have you tried the proposal I posted? Please try the recommendations before posting, it will help us to help you.

0 Kudos