Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Q&A: Intel Performance Power Monitor Plug-in for Google Desktop

kira180
Beginner
I have sccessfully installed the Performance Power Monitor Plug-In for the Google Desktop and I looked at the Q&A for why this program is not working and I found the part about going into the command prompt and registering it but when i do that it says "The module "IntelPPW.dll" failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependant .DLL files. The specified module could not be found." can any 1 tell me what this means
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Richard_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting - kira180
I have sccessfully installed the Performance Power Monitor Plug-In for the Google Desktop and I looked at the Q&A for why this program is not working and I found the part about going into the command prompt and registering it but when i do that it says "The module "IntelPPW.dll" failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependant .DLL files. The specified module could not be found." can any 1 tell me what this means

Thanks for looking at the Performance Power Monitor Gadget for Google Desktop Search. I belive the problem is that you do not have the Microsoft C Runtime installed on your computer. You can get this download from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en Install this first then follow the steps you previously did registering the IntelPPW.dll from the command prompt. This should work for you. Let me know if this doesn't work and I will investigate futher. Thanks again. Oh by the way there should be a new Performance Power Monitor Gadget coming out in the next few weeks which has added memory to the list of monitored items. Watch for it if you want.
0 Kudos
alejandrovd
Beginner
Quoting - kira180

Thanks for looking at the Performance Power Monitor Gadget for Google Desktop Search. I belive the problem is that you do not have the Microsoft C Runtime installed on your computer. You can get this download from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en Install this first then follow the steps you previously did registering the IntelPPW.dll from the command prompt. This should work for you. Let me know if this doesn't work and I will investigate futher. Thanks again. Oh by the way there should be a new Performance Power Monitor Gadget coming out in the next few weeks which has added memory to the list of monitored items. Watch for it if you want.

Hello Richard
I tried installing the v2 of the performance power monitor addon on my windows vista netbook, but couldn't make it work. It installs successfully, but doesn't show up in the side bar. I tried installing the C Runtime you mention in this post, but didn't help.

Thanks
Alejandro
0 Kudos
szefte
Beginner
Quoting - alejandrovd
Quoting - kira180

Hello Richard
I tried installing the v2 of the performance power monitor addon on my windows vista netbook, but couldn't make it work. It installs successfully, but doesn't show up in the side bar. I tried installing the C Runtime you mention in this post, but didn't help.

Thanks
Alejandro

I have a simmilar problem on eee PC 1101ha - the gadged is working just fine but there is no battery information available...
0 Kudos
keddy1
Beginner
Quoting - szefte

I have a simmilar problem on eee PC 1101ha - the gadged is working just fine but there is no battery information available...
did you try some other method to put the problem right?If so could you please share
0 Kudos