Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

RS300 stops working after computer is on for half an hour until I restart

BLong3
Beginner

The camera works great after a restart but then always stops working. Windows Hello can't get it to turn on and apps stop recognizing that it is there. Device manager thinks it is still connected though. The camera also starts producing some weird noises. Has anyone dealt with this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nomgle___
Beginner

I have exactly the same issue.

Received my SR300 camera, connected it to my Windows 10 machine (which is running the built-in Microsoft USB 3.0 drivers), and installed the driver pack intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.1.25.2599.exe from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25044/Intel-RealSense-Depth-Camera-Manager?product=92255

Windows Hello works just fine for around 30 minutes ... and then the camera stops responding. If I open an application like Skype, then it fails to find the camera.

At this point, I can either reboot, or unplug and replug the camera - and normal functionality resumes for the next 30 minutes.

I've got the SR300 connected to the USB 3.0 Hub in my monitor at the moment - so I'll try picking up a longer cable so I can connect it directly to a Motherboard USB 3.0 port...

0 Kudos
Nomgle___
Beginner

Nomgle wrote:
I've got the SR300 connected to the USB 3.0 Hub in my monitor at the moment - so I'll try picking up a longer cable so I can connect it directly to a Motherboard USB 3.0 port...

... I've now bypassed the monitor's USB 3.0 hub, and connected the camera directly to a Motherboard USB 3.0 port.

It hasn't helped.

Any ideas ?

0 Kudos
Nomgle___
Beginner

Fixed !

The solution for me, was to go into Device Manager, and Untick "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" for everything in the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" section.

There's other threads about power management issues too.

USBPower_0.png

0 Kudos
Nomgle___
Beginner

Unfortunately not fixed after the Win 10 Anniversary Update installed - I'm back to the original problem now. And what's more, I don't even get half an hour - it now stops working much more quickly.

0 Kudos