Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

RealSense SDK for F200?

Yuri_S_1
Beginner

Hello,

On the RealSense SDK page I see that F200 is not in the list of required hardware:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk

What is the right SDK (and Windows 10 drivers) that will support development for F200?

Thanks!

- Yuri

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Yuri_S_1
Beginner

Correction: According to the SDK technical specifications, F200 is not in the list of "Supported Intel® RealSense™ Cameras".

Oh, and by the way, any particular reason why I am not allowed to edit my own post (Access denied)?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I would imagine that F200 is not on the list simply because it has been replaced by the next-generation SR-300 camera and you cannot buy the F200 from Intel's store any more.  

And I cannot edit articles I have created either, though can edit comments.

0 Kudos
RBang
New Contributor II

Yuri S. wrote:

Correction: According to the SDK technical specifications, F200 is not in the list of "Supported Intel® RealSense™ Cameras".

Oh, and by the way, any particular reason why I am not allowed to edit my own post (Access denied)?

Even though it is not in the list of "Supported Intel® RealSense™ Cameras". If you refer to this site - http://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download, you will find you can still install the driver (Build Number: 1.4.27.52404 ) and use the most recent SDK (Build Number: 10.0.26.0396) for the same.

0 Kudos
Yuri_S_1
Beginner

Yes, I noticed that they provide a driver for F200.

The best thing would be if they listed the camera as a supported one on the SDK page, and indicated that it is obsolete and replaced by the newer model (but still SDK supported). There would be considerably less confusion this way.

Speaking of drivers, I think it is better that I stick with the OEM updates for my AIO (all in one) PC. At least this is what I understood by reading the RealSense SDK Getting Started guide. Trying to install the "latest" Intel driver was what I think messed up my system altogether, and I had to reset Windows 10. Using an older driver will not in theory give one access to the latest features, though. So, I can't help but wonder, if I am developing software applications for RealSense, do I have to custom tailor it for all the OEM systems that are out there? Sounds like a deal breaker to me...

0 Kudos
RBang
New Contributor II

I can agree with that. The same happened with me when I had made a project with Win 10 IoT Core installed on my Galileo Gen 2 and later on had questions raised against the authenticity of the same, when suddenly after a month or so support for Gen 2 was removed.

Moreover no you do not have to custom tailor it for all the OEM systems that are out there.

0 Kudos