Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Recommended Admob for the new xdk

Ali_H_
Beginner

Hello everyone, 

Is there a recommended admob plugin for the new release of Intel XDK?

The previous version has a Hello admob demo and has a 'cordova-plugin-admob' which was working just fine with the previous version of xdk and android platform; and now it got some issues. 

thanks in advance to all of your

Ali

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

What is the issue? Can you provide some build logs?and screenshots?

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

Hi Ali,

We have had a few issues with admob plugins and so have not been recommending any in particular to our users. I suggest you go through the NPM registry to see the more popular admob plugins and see if one of them fits the bill. 

If you select a plugin from this list - https://www.npmjs.com/search?q=admob, you can see a 'stats' section on the right pane that gives download information.

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

The Hello Admob demo is no longer working because of an issue with the plugin it was using and so it has been removed from this Intel XDK release. 

0 Kudos
Ali_H_
Beginner

Thanks all for your replies, 

@Amrita What is the issue? Can you provide some build logs?and screenshots?

Problem is build failed due to adabtability with other plugins 

'com.google.admobsdk' and 'com.google.playservices' which both of them was updated for the new release. I had this problem with the other version of admob plugin 'cordova-plugin-admobpro' in the previous version. So I decided to go with 'cordova-plugin-admob'. 

Currently, 'cordova-plugin-admobpor' is working independent of any other plugin. but it got some issues with sizing for different platforms. 

Ali

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

I am having too some issues with admob. Until the last XDK version I was using cordova-plugin-admob, version 2.2.0 from my disk. Why from my disk: because from github or npm it doesn´t work.

Now, this version from disk is not working with my app. The build crash. 

I tryied to create an test app from blank with cordova.plugin.admobpro, version 5.4.2, cordova.io.  The build is OK, but the ad do not appear.

I don´t know how to handle this issue. Thanks any suggestion.

0 Kudos
Ali_H_
Beginner

@Hamilton  

Correct, exactly the same here

1. I was using cordova-plugin-admob v2.2.0 from disk was working just fine and now it isn't!

2. currently, I'm using cordova.plugin.admobpro that works on tablet devices only not phone due to sizing issues that is not resolved yet

I'm using the 2.13.0 from this github

https://github.com/floatinghotpot/cordova-admob-pro

try to use it. because the older disk version is not supported yet. 

Ali

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

@Ali,

Thank you for response. I tried the plugin/version you suggest: same issue. The build is OK, but, for me, no space for ads in cel or tablet.

I am trying to debug the admob.js. It seems the crash is in this line: if( window.plugins && window.plugins.AdMob )

I inserted 2 lines before: 

alert("plugins " + window.plugins);
alert("admob " + window.plugins.AdMob);

The first element is showed as undefined and the second crash the javascript.

I don´t know why...

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

@Ali> I am thinking about this yet... Are your cel phone and tablet Android? All my tests are over Android (until now).

0 Kudos