Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Regarding FedEx tracking number

Pruthviraj_N_
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I have not received my developer kit yet! :(

Kindly make a provision to provide us the shippment tracking number so that we can track the status and plan

accordingly. Its getting difficult not knowing whether wait for the kit or order one by myself!

I am based in India by the way. Worried how many days i would be left with if in case the developer kit arrives.

Kindly provide info if anybody still has to receive their cameras.

Thanks,

Pruthviraj N

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Karthik_S_1
Beginner

I am based on India (Bangalore) too. I got a call from Fedex Express last week asking for some KYC documents. The shipment was cleared by customs and will most likely be delivered today.

It took me approx 1 week between when I signed ICLA and the call from Fedex Express.

0 Kudos
Shyam
Beginner

Hi Karthik,

I received a document from Fedex asking for KYC and IEC document. Can you explain to others what document you have provided to fedex to receive your shipment?

Round 2 submission started and we haven't received camera yet for development. Result for NUC's not announced yet.

0 Kudos
Pruthviraj_N_
Beginner

I think i should order one by myself.. i havent recieved anything till now :/ neither document nor call!

0 Kudos
Pruthviraj_N_
Beginner

Hi Karthik and Shyam, thanks for reply.. i am based in bangalore too.

But my things got messed up due to my Korea travel. I once gave korea address and again my friends address in bangalore.

That has created trouble for me i guess

0 Kudos
reddy_j_
Beginner
I am from Hyderabad. Did not receive my camera nor shipment details. Don't know if Intel is serious about this
0 Kudos
Karthik_S_1
Beginner

Shyam wrote:

Hi Karthik,

I received a document from Fedex asking for KYC and IEC document. Can you explain to others what document you have provided to fedex to receive your shipment?

Round 2 submission started and we haven't received camera yet for development. Result for NUC's not announced yet.

I submitted copies of self attested PAN card and Aadhar Card, alongwith the forms requested by Fedex. One of the form was an authorization for custom clearance and the other was for KYC . I had to take printout of the forms, sign, scan and send it back to them via email.

Hope this information helps.

Whenever I had a doubt about the shipment, I sent an email to intelrealsenseappchallenge <at> thegameagency <dot> com. In most cases, they have replied back within a day. Those who have not got any information can try emailing them.

0 Kudos
Basaveswar_K_
Beginner

I am based from Bangalore. After submitting all KYC documents and a few followups with Fedex guys, I have finally received my cam on yesterday.

Good news is that it is working fine on my laptop (3rd Gen processor). No need to purchase 4th gen processor / NUC.

0 Kudos
Arun_D_
Beginner

Hi Basaveswar,

You wont be able to use all the library functions and samples with a 3rd generation processor. 

0 Kudos
steve-vink
Beginner

You should try all of the demos to see what works. I have run all of the demos on a 3rd generation processor, and they all seem to be working. However, I'm sure there is lots of functionality that the demos don't test, that may not work.

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

I think with an unsupported device you can only get the raw streams (color, depth, IR), plus emotion module (face detection can be obtained from there), speech recognition, and text2speech. Anything else seems to fail on my machine at least (Intel Atom).

0 Kudos
steve-vink
Beginner

Maybe Atom processors are too far removed from the i-Series processors. I think all of the requirements are based around the i-Series processors, even though it isn't explicitly mentioned.

Atom processors, I think, are still in their first generation, but of a different species!

0 Kudos
Arun_D_
Beginner

Hello Steve,

I have a second generation quad-core processor. On my machine, the 3dseg, hands-veiwer and face tracking sample do not work.

Marty reported that those samples do not work on his 3rd generation processor either. Do these samples work on your machine?

0 Kudos
steve-vink
Beginner

Yes, I have hands viewer and face tracking working on a 3rd generation i7 CPU.

Hand gestures are recognised, and emotions too. 2D Face tracking also works with the standard web cam on the same laptop.

I'm not sure where the problem lies, we all have such varying experiences. I wonder if the i7 provides enough processing power to get the demos working for me.

0 Kudos
Basaveswar_K_
Beginner

Arun D. wrote:

Hi Basaveswar,

You wont be able to use all the library functions and samples with a 3rd generation processor. 

Hi Arun,

I had run all the demo samples. Everything is working fine on 3rd Gen processor. Windows 8.1 & USB 3.0 is a hard requirement where as 3rd gen processor doesn't seems to be a hard requirement. Check the old threads on this forum, especially this one  - https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/536117 then you will understand.

0 Kudos
Arun_D_
Beginner

Hi Basaveswar,

Yeah you are right. 3ed generation proc works fine. My apologies! Good to hear that all your samples are working properly. I have a 2nd gen processor so cant really help it. Trying to arrange a 4th gen processor so that I can start working soon.

0 Kudos