Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Reinstalled windows. Cant activate Paralell studio

Phillip_W_
Beginner

Hi,

I have had to reinstall windows on my PC.

I have located my old licence files in the Windows.old folder but copying these to the new widows location does not seem to be picked up by software manager.

My subscription expired on April 2 so does this mean I cant reinstall?

Thanks,

Phil

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Phil,

You should be able to install any IPS XE released earlier than April 2.  Since your license is systemlocked, you will need to follow the instructions in this article, in order to generate a license file for your new machine.  Hope this helps.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Phillip_W_
Beginner

Thanks,

I have generated a new licence file but the Intel Software Manager is showing I have a trial license. Is there anyway to check if my regenerated Licence file is OK?

Phil.

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Phil,

Please try the following to clear ISM cache.  Hopefully it solves the problem.

1. Close ISM and double check that the corresponding process is finished
2. Delete 'C:\Users\<user account>\AppData\Local\Intel Corporation\Intel® Software Manager\DataBase\IRC\cache.xml' file.
3. Run ISM.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Phillip_W_
Beginner

Hi Feilong,

No change I'm afraid Still showing evaluation licence.

Regards,

Phil

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Phil,

Does restarting your computer solve the problem?  If not, please send me your host IDs (you probably have multiple network cards), as well as your serial number, via private message.  I'll take a look at your license file.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Phillip_W_
Beginner

Still the same! will pm you shortly

0 Kudos
Olivier_B_2
Beginner
0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Phil,

I've entered this issue to our problem-tracking database, along with the files that you provided.  I'll let you know when I have an update from engineering team.

Hi Olivier,

In order to whether your compiler is activated, open a Intel compiler command prompt window from Start menu -> Intel Paralle Studio XE -> Compiler and Performance Libraries -> Command Prompt with Intel Compiler.  Type

> icl

or

> ifort

If your compiler is not activated yet, you will see an error message complaining that you don't have a license.

0 Kudos
Olivier_B_2
Beginner

FYI,
The Intel Software Manager displays that my license has expired, but the compiler is still runable.
Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Olivier,

Good to know that.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been resolved. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos