Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Release 1826 Painfully Slow in Design

Rick_F_
Beginner

When returning from bracket, debug, or emulate, the design panel takes way longer than usual (50 to over 60 seconds) and seems locked up. I uninstalled 1826 fully, per instructions giving a couple of weeks ago for when 1816 update failed, and then did a fresh install of 1826, same observance.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Rick_F_
Beginner

This also occurs when one drops a new control on to a page, changes the width of a column, adds a row, or any change to the GUI. What gives as I am about ready to re-install 1816, even with all its problems...

0 Kudos
Dale_S_Intel
Employee

Is your project particularly large?  Do you see the same problem with a new project?

Dale

0 Kudos
Efrain_C_
Beginner

I have the same problem, the app it's about 18 pages

0 Kudos
Rick_F_
Beginner

Dale,

Thank you for your reply. The app is not particularly big, 8-pages, and refreshed in Design quite quickly in 1816, though in 1826 I see the slow refresh as described above. I have been working on this app for a client since version 1621, so this refresh seems to be a new bug of sorts. The app uses the bootstrap framework and was all designed in the XDK IDE, if that helps. 

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.Just letting you know that I have reported this issue to the Intel XDK engineering team.

0 Kudos
Rick_F_
Beginner

Thank you Amrita for your help in this.

0 Kudos
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

1878 shipped last week. Have you tried it out? How is the performance compared to 1826 or 1816?

0 Kudos
Rick_F_
Beginner

Chris,

Yes, I am currently using 1878 and yes, the design panel seems better and somewhat faster, especially with the new loading bar showing that XDK is doing something.

0 Kudos