Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Renaming project copying www file

Tester_D_
Beginner

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to rename a project by creating a second one on XDK and then copying the original www file in the second. The problem is that when I debug or download the second project via App Preview I only get a blank project page with a "Hello Cordova!". Shoudn't it be getting the reference of the new www file I replaced?

I'm aware of FAQ #34, I tried to set projectGuid to all zeros with no luck.

Thanks in advance!

Erik

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

So you replaced your WWW directory and added the necessary plugins and it is still not working?

Try this: make a copy of your old project directory -> remove .xdk, .xdke files -> import as HTML5 project (select yes for Cordova project and yes/no for game project). When you import, it will ask you to name your project.

Don't delete the 'plugins' directory. This will auto-collate the plugins in your new project so you don't have to add them manually. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

You should just create a new blank project in the XDK, then copy over you www folder and setup the settings in the XDK to match that of what the first one is.

0 Kudos
Tester_D_
Beginner

I created a new blank Cordova project in the second project, in which I added all of the first project necessary plugins via "Plugin Management" tab, but that was the only adjustment I thought I needed to do. What setup am I missing?

Thank you for your reply.

Erik

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

So you replaced your WWW directory and added the necessary plugins and it is still not working?

Try this: make a copy of your old project directory -> remove .xdk, .xdke files -> import as HTML5 project (select yes for Cordova project and yes/no for game project). When you import, it will ask you to name your project.

Don't delete the 'plugins' directory. This will auto-collate the plugins in your new project so you don't have to add them manually. 

0 Kudos
Deepak_S_1
Beginner

Hi Anusha,

10/10

Great solution. Using it, i am now able to change the project name which was wrongly selected (due to typo).

Thanks for your solution.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Ricardozo
Beginner

OMG! Anusha you are the best! I owe you a cold beer!!!

0 Kudos