Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Renewal for academic licence

Ben3
Beginner

Hi,

I've had a "Intel® Software Development Products for Windows*, Education" licence for a few years now that gives me access to the Cluster Edition of Parallel Studio. I just went to download the latest version of these tools and found that my support has expired. I've been trying to renew it, as I have done previously, but I can't find where to do so this year.

I found the link to ISP, which is where I've renewed it for at least the last couple of years, but the only academic renewal I can see there is for Composer Edition, while being substantially more (~3x) than I've paid previously -- which makes me think it's the wrong product.

Could someone point me in the right direction for renewing this?

Thanks,
Ben

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Om_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Ben,

Intel provides  Free Tools for Educators. You may qualify. Following  to be met:

• Professors and educators at degree-granting institutions of higher education.
  • Educators must provide an academic institution email address to qualify for this program.
  • Intel® Software Development Products can only be used in a classroom setting to assist in teaching.

You may review the below link on this for details:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/qualify-for-free-software/educator

Thanks,

Om

0 Kudos
Om_S_Intel
Employee

Is the issue resolved?

Om

0 Kudos
Om_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Ben,

Did you get a chance to review my last communication?

Thanks,

Om

0 Kudos
Ben3
Beginner

om-sachan (Intel) wrote:

Did you get a chance to review my last communication?

Hi Om,

Sorry, I missed your last reply. This is resolved now, my employer has a full commercial licence that I can use, and this also allows me to use it for more than just my academic work.

Thanks,
Ben

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been resolved. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos