Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Repackging Installed parallel studio

Dharma
Beginner

Hello,

I am having trouble getting this to work. I installed the intel compiler rpms to /opt/apps/intel/13/composer_xe_2013.2.146
and used rpmrebuild to repackage the rpms.  Now i have trouble installing the intel-sourcechecker-common-146-13.1-2.noarch.rpm

I get the following error. Do you have any idea about this? This one is been bugging me since three days now, I tried different methods.

Error unpacking rpm package intel-sourcechecker-common-146-13.1-2.noarch
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /opt/apps/intel/13/composer_xe_2013.2.146/
bin/sourcechecker/lib/ia32/pinruntime/glibc/ld-2.3.4.so;51263136: cpio: Digest mismatch

I am trying to build a rocks cluster roll.

Any help is appreicated

Thanks

Reddy

0 Kudos
8 Replies
James_T_Intel

Hi Reddy,

I'll see if I can find more information about this error.  As a curiosity, why are you repackaging the RPMs, rather than just installing them in their original form (or using the installer)?  Also, you might want to check the End User License Agreement, as this use might be considered reverse engineering, which is prohibited by the EULA.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Technical Consulting Engineer
Intel® Cluster Tools

0 Kudos
Dharma
Beginner

Well,

I am (experimenting) installing the software on a rocks based cluster. The repackaging is not ment for distribution. I just need to organize the installation paths. I would ideally like to direclty install the rpms provided by intel using 

rpm -i --prefix=<instalDir> <intel.rpm>

but the anconda installer used by rocks does not take rpm options.

all that i could do is,

list the packages as

<package>intelPackageName</package>

which will install the software to defualt path /opt/intel/

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Hi Reddy,

I would recommend instead installing Intel® Parallel Studio using either a pre- or post-installation script.  This will let you pass the appropriate arguments, rather than having to repackage RPMs.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Intel® Cluster Tools

0 Kudos
Dharma
Beginner

I have not thought about the EULA when i was testing. I get it now. I will do a post-installation script. I have a some general questions regarding licensing? can i ask them here? or do i have to ask them in a private thread.

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Hi Reddy,

As I said in private message, your use case is within the EULA.  If the questions are general, then this is the right place to ask them.  See the post at http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/266438 for what information should not be posted.  That sort of information is best sent via private message.  Generally, the best method is to start a new thread (for new issues) and whoever is on duty will contact you appropriately.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Intel® Cluster Tools

0 Kudos
Dharma
Beginner

I will summerize my problem again.

I do the follwoing:

1. Install intel software using intel install script to InstallDirectory(/opt/intel)
  2. Then i use the rocks command as in next line
  3. rocks create package InstallDirectory newPackageName --prefix=newInstallPath
  4. then i install the software
  5. rpm -i newPackageName.rpm

I get the fowlloing error:

error: unpacking of archive failed on file /opt/apps/intel/13/composer_xe_2013.2.146/
bin/sourcechecker/lib/ia32/pinruntime/glibc/ld-2.3.4.so;51263136: cpio: Digest mismatch

Now i looked on the web, it turns out that this error is due to prelink

Please have a look at : https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/solutions/148653

As i trackeddown, i found that the digest mismatch happens wtih the follwoing .so libraries:

bin/sourcechecker/lib/ia32/pinruntime/glibc : ld-2.3.4.so, ld-linux.so.2, libdl.so.2, libdl-2.3.4.so

bin/sourcechecker/lib/intel64/pinruntime/glibc : ld-2.3.4.so, ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, libdl.so.2, libdl-2.3.4.so

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Hi Dharma,

Does this happen with the post-installation script as well?

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Intel® Cluster Tools

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Hi Dharma,

I have two recommendations for repackaging the installation if you are still using this method.  First, make certain the RPM tool is up to date.  Second, try adding

[plain]%undefine __prelink_undo_cmd[/plain]

to your spec file.  If you have root privileges, you can also comment out __prelink_undo_cmd in the rpmrc configuration.  Please let me know if this helps.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Intel® Cluster Tools

0 Kudos