Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

SR300 No longer Works after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

ABhat12
Beginner

On Windows 10 version 1511, Windows Hello and capturing video worked great. Ever since I installed Windows 10 Anniversary Update (version 1607), the SR300 freezes on the first frame.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I bought the SR300 less than a month ago!

0 Kudos
22 Replies
ggera
Novice

-I have the same problem--working away for the last 8 weeks using the SR300 and Javascript, Windows 10, version 1511.  Suddenly after Windows update camera fails. Please help--does anyone have an answer?..thanks..

0 Kudos
John_H_13
Beginner

Me too. Windows Hello no longer works and the camera freezes/stops working. I believe it's caused by this bug/issue mentioned in the following article:

https://www.engadget.com/2016/08/19/windows-10-update-breaking-webcams/

Possible fix which I haven't tried yet...

http://attractivereview.com/2016/08/20/how-to-resolve-the-freezing-issue-on-webcams-on-the-windows-10-anniversary-update/

0 Kudos
John_H_13
Beginner

Tried the fix. Didn't help unfortunately.

0 Kudos
ABhat12
Beginner

Well I am glad to know I am not alone, but I'm actually even more worried now that I know several of us are having the same issue.

Do Intel moderators or engineers ever look at the posts here?

0 Kudos
ABhat12
Beginner

I also tried the fix suggested by John H. Unfortunately it didn't work for me.

0 Kudos
GW_M_
Beginner

I wonder if the issue has anything to do with the VF0810 Rev 2 of the cam? Does anyone who has the VF0800 Rev. 1 have it working on the AU? Creative released a package that appears to be audio related only.

http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=218&subCatID=1056&prodID=22791&prodName=BlasterX%20Senz3D&subCatName=Senz3D%20Series&CatName=Web+Cameras&VARSET=prodfaq:PRODFAQ_22791,VARSET=CategoryID:218

If anyone comes up with a fix, that would be amazing.

0 Kudos
jb455
Valued Contributor II

We've been wrestling with this issue for the last couple of weeks (mostly using the R200 but have seen the same issue with F200 and SR300 too) and found that, if you use YUY2 instead of RGB, the camera runs as well as it did before the update on the latest version of windows. Unfortunately, earlier updates (pre-anniversary) of Win10 don't seem to support YUY2 so well and we get the 'exec aborted' issue on those devices. Still looking for a proper fix, as we need to support multiple versions of Windows.

0 Kudos
GMorg3
Novice

Still cannot get the 3D portion of the cam working. Windows Hello Freezes after the first frame, and the 3D apps error out. Has something to do with the Depth Manager which was released before Rev 2 of the SR300 (VF0810). The 2D cam and audio/mic work great. Creative is putting the blame on Intel. They seemed to be annoyed that I had their upcoming BlasterX Senz3D cam, since the release for them is Oct. 17th.

0 Kudos
ABhat12
Beginner

James B. wrote:

We've been wrestling with this issue for the last couple of weeks (mostly using the R200 but have seen the same issue with F200 and SR300 too) and found that, if you use YUY2 instead of RGB, the camera runs as well as it did before the update on the latest version of windows. Unfortunately, earlier updates (pre-anniversary) of Win10 don't seem to support YUY2 so well and we get the 'exec aborted' issue on those devices. Still looking for a proper fix, as we need to support multiple versions of Windows.

Hi James,

Thank you for taking the time to reply! I am eager to give this a shot, but I'm not sure how to change from RGB to YUY2. Could you please point me in the right direction?

Raj

0 Kudos
jb455
Valued Contributor II

Look at how the Raw Streams sample enables the streams - you have to use 

captureManager.FilterByStreamProfiles(streamProfiles);

after you've set 

streamProfiles.color.imageInfo.format = PXCMImage.PixelFormat.PIXEL_FORMAT_YUY2

as well as the resolution & frame rate, and the same for any other streams you need.

0 Kudos
Duane_C_
Beginner

The Creative driver solved my problem.  The new Rev 2 version that recently shipped comes with Creative VF0810 hardware instead of whatever was in it before.  The driver that loads automatically is not the correct one and is what caused the problem.  Once I loaded up the driver, plugged the camera into a USB 3.0 port, and went through the Hello setup, Windows Hello started working like a charm.  I can now sit down at my desk and automatically log into my PC.  No other special hardware or configuration required.

0 Kudos
ABhat12
Beginner

Duane C. wrote:

The Creative driver solved my problem.  The new Rev 2 version that recently shipped comes with Creative VF0810 hardware instead of whatever was in it before.  The driver that loads automatically is not the correct one and is what caused the problem.  Once I loaded up the driver, plugged the camera into a USB 3.0 port, and went through the Hello setup, Windows Hello started working like a charm.  I can now sit down at my desk and automatically log into my PC.  No other special hardware or configuration required.

Hi Duane,

Which specific driver are you talking about?

0 Kudos
Alex_P_5
Beginner

Tried the fix. Didn't help unfortunately.

0 Kudos
GW_M_
Beginner

Version 3.2 of DCM is incompatible with the AU. Version 3.3 is in testing and should be released within a week or two.

0 Kudos
ABhat12
Beginner

GW M. wrote:

Version 3.2 of DCM is incompatible with the AU. Version 3.3 is in testing and should be released within a week or two.

That would be great if it is released that soon. Basically, I was able to use my SR300 for a couple of days before the AU was released. It has been a glorified webcam since then.

0 Kudos
John_H_13
Beginner

Wish you guys had mentioned it was incompatible with this release before. Would have saved myself and many others lots of time messing around uninstalling drivers, playing with the registry, thinking about returning it, searching for driver conflicts, etc. etc. etc. The AU release has been out for ages now. It would have only taken 5 seconds to leave a message on the forum, as you have done now long after the event...

PLEASE CONSIDER YOUR CUSTOMERS AND COMMUNICATE WITH THEM.  UNLESS YOU WANT US TO WASTE OUR LIVES TRYING TO CONFIGURE YOUR PRODUCTS!?

Capital letters above are deliberate. I am shouting as I type this.

0 Kudos
ABhat12
Beginner

It works now! DCM 3.3 was released today.

1. I uninstalled the prior version of DCM, and then installed the camera drivers directly from the Creative site. They are called something ridiculous like "BlasterX Acoustic Engine Pro Software Pack for Windows", but the download contains the camera drivers. Get the newest one.
  2. I then installed the new DCM.
  3. The depth camera wasn't working while plugged into a powered USB 3.1 hub, so I plugged it directly into one of my laptop's USB 3.0 ports.
  4. It allowed me to set up Windows Hello and also improve the recognition a couple of time. It now automatically logs me in!

Thanks everyone for your help!

0 Kudos
FLeac
Novice

I have the same problem. I just bought an Acer Aspire V Nitro with an integrated RealSense and Windows 10 anniversary update already installed. 

The integrated camera works like a charm, same for my 3D Sense scanner (it has an integrated sr300 as well), but my peripheral SR300 freezes on the fist frame. I tried it on other computers with windows 10 pro and it works.

I tried to update to the last DCM (3.3) and upgrade the firmware as suggested but it's still the same... 

0 Kudos
FLeac
Novice

Seems like Microsoft heard my prayers and right today and Windows 10 autoinstalled "Intel(R) Corporation - Other hardware - Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera SR300 Depth" update and now everything works fine.

0 Kudos
Eric_H_8
Beginner

I am going to echo what has been said here. If it helps anyone, here are my notes from what I did:

Initially I could **not get it work when plugged into the _USB Hub_**, however once I plugged it directly into the **rear USB ports** (_for some reason the front USB ports did not work, windows said "the device type could not be detected_) I installed the [Intel DCM, aka Depth Camera Manager](https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25044/Intel-RealSense-Depth-Camera-Manager-DCM). I made sure I had every program closed just in case. This time (unlike times prior, when it was plugged into the hub) the _DCM_ said there was a firmware update that had to be performed. I did that (step 1/11) it then went through the other 10 steps and viola I had a working camera. Just to try it, I plugged it back into the hub and it continued to work. Possibly the firmware update and the proper driver installation was all that needed to happen via a direct USB connection.

Within `Device Manager` The following devices should be listed:  
* Under `/Audio inputs and outputs`
    - `Microphone array (Creative VF0800)`  Microsoft   10.0.14393.0    15-July-2016
* Under `/Imaging Devices`
    - SR300 Depth                           Intel        3.3.27.5718     26-Sept-2016
    - SR300 RGB                             Microsoft    10.0.14393.82    21-June-2006
    - SR300 Virtual                            Intel        12.11.38.553    08-June-2016
* Under `/Sound, video and game controllers`
    - `Creative VF0800`                     Microsoft   10.0.14393.0    15-July-2016
* Under `/Universal Serial Bus Devices`
    - SR300                                 Microsoft    10.0.14393.82    21-June-2006

0 Kudos