Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

SR300 failure

Brian_C_2
Beginner

I bought the SR300 from Intel about six weeks ago. The camera has been working fine until today. Now it has failed completely and although Device Manager says it is there and working properly, Hello can't turn the camera on and no software recognises it.

S/N W4VF 0800 601R 0058 8D

Device manager says:

USB device: Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera SR300 Device

Sound, video and game controllers: Creative 3D Gesture Camera VF0800

I can't reflash the firmware because the Creative firmware can't detect the device.

It seems to me that the camera has failed and I should ask for a replacement. Is there anything else I should try first?

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DKryd
Beginner

not sure if this can help but on my laptop win10 microsoft had  installed new driver in last week , my camera stopped, and i had to uninstall everything (dcm/sdk) listed in control panel/programs and then do a new  install of the dcm/sdk. btw, does anything show under imaging devices on your system?

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

I would suggest you go to uninstall programs and uninstall the Intel Depth Cam Manager (DCM) - including for F200 if you also had that installed. Then reboot and plug in the camera and try Windows update to install the DCM fresh.

0 Kudos
Brian_C_2
Beginner

Tried all that and now get an error code -15 when trying to update firmware. Still nothing working.

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Have a look here:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/topic/594789

As that is the "official" thread for solving those issues

0 Kudos
Brian_C_2
Beginner

Thanks. Been there done that but camera still dead. Getting close to asking for a refund.

0 Kudos
Brian_C_2
Beginner

OK. Fixed now. But I have no idea what it was that fixed it. I manually deleted various drivers and files. I went round and round in circles. I was very frustrated! Eventually it worked. I presume that a Windows update messed everything up a bit and my fiddling eventually worked just as I was on the verge of putting the system back to a few days ago.

0 Kudos