Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Screen&Font Too small with 4K High-Dpi on Ubuntu

KJ
Beginner

Today, I installed Intel XDK on Ubuntu 16.04 (Unity GUI, not Gnome)in my laptop(Asus Zenbook Ux501vw) which has 4K resolution. 

I know how to scale window screen size and font size using display setting , unity-tweak and so on. 

So, I could scale up many programs like Chrome, Visual Studio code and so on..

However, Intel XDK doesn't work at all with this utils and setting tricks to scale up font and screen size. Especially, font size on menus. really too small.. even cannot recognize with my eyesight

Look the following screenshot. It is clear that this Program has a significant scaling issue with High DPI 4K resolution monitor on Linux OS.

I want to use this great tool in my ubuntu laptop. Please tell me how to fix this issue. 

est1.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

KJ -- I just spoke with the key engineer who said there is no way to directly manipulate those font sizes, without getting knee deep into the CSS that's all buried in the node-webkit installation.  :-(  You might have to attach a lower-res monitor to make it work.

BTW -- where did you get a laptop with a 4k display resolution?

0 Kudos
KJ
Beginner

Thanks for your answer.

First, I am really wondering why you engineers&developers who have developed this IDE program haven't made some normal option that can adjust font size of menus or settings menu on the program. What kind of language did you guys use to create this program ? QT? C++? Java?

There is few setting menu on it. I think it is not difficult to add that kind of settings to increase menu font/control elements size or view zoom in / zoom out..it is a basic option for any kind of IDE stuff.

Anyway, I am a little bit sad because even though this program has some wonderful features and tools inside, there is no basic setting options as I mentioned before. 

BTW, nowadays laptops with 4K screen are trend; even 5k monitor is coming out. 

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

KJ -- I just spoke with the key engineer who said there is no way to directly manipulate those font sizes, without getting knee deep into the CSS that's all buried in the node-webkit installation.  :-(  You might have to attach a lower-res monitor to make it work.

BTW -- where did you get a laptop with a 4k display resolution?

0 Kudos