Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Seismic Unix Native Compiled for MIC not working on MIC

Abhishek_S_7
Beginner

Dear All,

I have native compiled Seismic Unix - 42 (SU) from CWP for MIC. Added its library path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH of MIC. When I try to see the description of commands of  SU on MIC than it is displayed but while executing normal comands like suedit or surange for any .su or .segy file it is giving error "suedit: fgettr.c: no data on first trace".

Please help to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Vladimir_P_1234567890

hello,

do you provide the path to .su files located on the card or on the host?

--Vladimir

0 Kudos
Abhishek_S_7
Beginner

.su files are located on host whose file system is nfs mounted on card. I can see the file on card.

0 Kudos
Frances_R_Intel
Employee

You are logging into the coprocessor and executing from the command prompt and not using something like micnativeloadex, right? I ask this because micnativeloadex does not run from your home directory on the coprocessor.

0 Kudos
Gregg_S_Intel
Employee

Check for errors generating SU include files prehdr.h and offsets.h.  Problems generating these header files would cause the error message you're seeing.

0 Kudos
Abhishek_S_7
Beginner

Hi Roth, 

I compiled SU in native mode and executing the executable on coprocessor and not using micnativeloadex.

0 Kudos
Abhishek_S_7
Beginner

Hi Gregg,

There is no  prehdr.h and offsets.h header files either in native compiled SU or host compiled SU. SU on host is working fine. Non -SU commands like pswigb, psimage, unif2, b2a are working on coprocessor but su commands like suedit, surange are not working on coprocessor.

0 Kudos
Gregg_S_Intel
Employee

Look in src/su/include. 

I can reproduce the behavior you're describing by changing CPP in src/Makefile.config to something bogus.  The build completes, but upon closer inspection there are errors creating prehdr.h and offsets.h, and the message, "fgettr.c: no data on first trace" appears when a MIC executable tries to read input.  (I encountered this same issue myself building SU for the first time, because I had mistakenly changed the CPP command.)

0 Kudos