Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Set autoupdate on a new apl upload on google play

Marcondes__Marcos

Hello,

I see some app I installed as twitter, facebook .... every new apk the google play or something else start uploading the new apk to my smartphone

How can I set this feature to my apk ? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Conteudo_Animal

Every new apk upload to play .... who has the apk installed ... starts to update the apk

thanks in advance !

Marcos
www.conteudoanimal.com.br

0 Kudos
1 Solution
John_H_Intel2
Employee

The user must have their device set to automatically get the update. If they do not, they will have to manually update.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ian_Devlin
Beginner

It should happen automatically, as long as the new version of the app is built with the same key as the previous one, as this is how the app store recognises an app. I assume this is the case?

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

The user must have their device set to automatically get the update. If they do not, they will have to manually update.

0 Kudos
Marcondes__Marcos

Ok

Is Automatic update set as default or need user action to set ??

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Whether or not automatic update is set on by default depends on the device manufacturer. I've seen some Android devices where it is set on by default and others where it is off by default. Sorry, but there's nothing you can do in your app to change that, it depends on the device manufacturer.

0 Kudos
Marcondes__Marcos

thanks for all responses

0 Kudos