Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Strange Cordova error after upgrading to latest xdk

Ian_Ippolito
Beginner

Hello, I upgraded to the latest version of the xdk, but I'm having a strange error when I try to build.

Error: "3.5.0" is not a supported Cordova version. Please specify Cordova 3.3, 3.5, 3.5.1, 4.1, 4.1.2, or 5.1.1.

I am guessing this means somewhere in the project it says 3.5.0 instead of 3.5, but I cannot figure out where.

I did find a 3.5.0 in the Intel xdk.config.iOS.XML file: <intelxdk:cordova-cli version="3.5.0"/> and I changed it to <intelxdk:cordova-cli version="3.5"/> but this did not fix it.

I took a look at the build settings and they say "Cordova CLI version" 3.5.0. But when I click on the pen icon there are no options for 3.3, 3.5, etc.

How do I fix this?

Thanks.

Ian Ippolito

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

When you update your project it preserves the version of Cordova CLI that was specified in the old project files. This is done to allow you to continue to use that version of CLI. However, the CLI 3.3 and 3.5 build systems have been retired, so you are no longer able to build with that version, even though the XDK preserved that version number in your CLI version field. You must change the CLI version to 4.1.2 or 5.1.1. I recommend that you start with CLI 4.1.2. See the Build Settings section of your Projects tab.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Looks like you are probably using the old project type. With latest XDK version, only supported Cordova CLI versions are 4.1.2 and 5.1.1. When you load the project after upgrading XDK, you should have gotten a message to upgrade the project type. You must upgrade your project to have it work properly with current XDK version. Along with the project upgrade the CLI version is updated automatically. If you are not sure whether you upgraded your project or not, try creating a new project by importing from your existing source code. 

Also, if you make changes to config.xml file, those will be overwritten by the build settings that you provide in the UI, so do not try to modify config.xml.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

When you update your project it preserves the version of Cordova CLI that was specified in the old project files. This is done to allow you to continue to use that version of CLI. However, the CLI 3.3 and 3.5 build systems have been retired, so you are no longer able to build with that version, even though the XDK preserved that version number in your CLI version field. You must change the CLI version to 4.1.2 or 5.1.1. I recommend that you start with CLI 4.1.2. See the Build Settings section of your Projects tab.

0 Kudos
Ian_Ippolito
Beginner

Yes Paul, that was exactly the issue. Okay, I am going to the process of upgrading and starting with 4.1.2. Thanks!

Ian Ippolito

0 Kudos