Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Style formatting for bluetooth printer with INTEL XDK

abdul_k_
Beginner

I am trying to print receipt from Intel X app using bluetooth printer. My printer is Analogics and model no is AET36015. I have successfully connected and printed content work fine. I am using some third party plugin, which get from github ( https://github.com/giorgiofellipe/cordova-plugin-datecs-printer ). Now prints 28 characters / each line, but i need to print more character and also formatting some style while printing. My pront code is 

function printSomeTestText() {
alert('printSomeTestText');
window.DatecsPrinter.printText("{center}{b}PARAGRAPH I{br}The following HTML tags are used to format the appearance of the text on your web page. This can jazz up the", 'ISO-8859-1', 
function() 
{
	  alert('success');
    }
  );
}

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I recommend you speak to the printer manufacturer or search StackOverflow for help with that issue. This is outside of our domain and not something we are familiar with or can help you resolve.

0 Kudos
abdul_k_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

Printer Manufacturer provide only android source code and apk. Its java file only. Is there other cordova plugin is supported for bluetooth printer. I tried some plugin(i.e. cordova-plugin-printer, org.apche.cordova.sipkita ) . Now its support only cordova-plugin-datecs-printer . Else how to convert android source code(java code) to intel xdk code.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Sorry, not familiar with plugins for printers. You might try searching StackOverflow for help with "Cordova printer plugins" or something like that. The Intel XDK creates standard Cordova apps, so plugins you find for use with Cordova apps should work fine with the XDK.

0 Kudos