Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

The serial number you provided is not valid for this product parallel_studio_xe_2015 linux

Jorge_F_
Beginner

Hi,

I recently requested the non commercial  Intel® Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition (2015) for linux. I received an email with the serial number, and I downloaded both the initial release and the update2 but in both cases I got the following message during the installation:

The serial number you provided is not valid for this product.

I have the following linux distribution:  3.16.0-34-generic 14.04.1-Ubuntu.

How could I solve this issue?

Is there any way to get a new serial number?

Many thanks,

Jorge.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
James_T_Intel

Jorge, I have sent you your license file.  Please try installing with that and see if it works.  If not, please provide the exact filenames of the tarballs you downloaded that are not installing.

0 Kudos
Jorge_F_
Beginner

Hi James,

I deleted the previous installation and I have dowloaded the tar file:

parallel_studio_xe_2015_update2.tgz

-rw-rw-r-- 1 jorge jorge 4145283363 abr 29 01:05 parallel_studio_xe_2015_update2.tgz

I logged in as root and run the installation script ./install.sh

I reached the following menu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Use existing trial license (13 day(s) left) [default]

2. I want to activate my product using a serial number

3. I want to activate by using a license file, or by using Intel(R) Software

License Manager

h. Help

b. Back to the previous menu

q. Quit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I selected the third option.

1. Activate offline [default]

2. Use Intel(R) Software License Manager

h. Help

b. Back to the previous menu

q. Quit

Please type a selection or press "Enter" to accept default choice [1]:

Please type the full path to your license file(s):

/home/jorge/Downloads/parallel_studio_xe_2015_update2/NCOM_L__CPPFOR_XXXX-XXXXXXXX.lic

The license file(s) you provided is not valid for this product.

Please press "Enter" to try again:

But I obtained the same problem with the license file

Am I trying to install a trial version of the compiler?

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,

Jorge.

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Everything looks correct, I'm getting the same installer file you are using and I'll test it here with your license.

I've edited out your serial number.  Please do not post your serial number on the forums.

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Please ensure that the license file is not being modified from what is sent in the email.  I was able to active successfully using your license file.  This includes line ending characters.  If necessary, I can send you an encrypted zip file to prevent any modification along the way.

0 Kudos
Jorge_F_
Beginner

Hi James,

thank you very much for your help (and your time). Since you were able to install it in your machine, that means I am doing something wrong. I will try it again and I will check the log files.

Cheers,

Jorge.

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Please send the log file if you want me to look it over or escalate it to our installation engineers.

0 Kudos
Jorge_F_
Beginner

Hi James,

I would like to send you the log files 460048. I have erased the license number within the files. I would like to send you two sets of log files:

1. In the first ones,

intel.issa.root.jorge-UX21E_05.03.18.05.17.2015.log
intel.pset.root.jorge-UX21E_05.03.18.05.17.2015.log

I found the following error

ERROR: : store_read_header: can't open '/home/jorge/Downloads/parallel_studio_xe_2015_update2/./pset/32e/install.cab'

Therefore I copied the file install.cab, that originally was located in /pset to the directory /pset/32e. Then, I run again the script ./install.sh, in order to check if this could fix the problem with my license, but it didn't.

2. The second ones, contain the information for this second installation.

intel.issa.root.jorge-UX21E_05.03.18.23.58.2015.log

intel.pset.root.jorge-UX21E_05.03.18.23.58.2015.log

Thank you very much in advance.

Jorge Fdez.

0 Kudos
King_Crimson
Beginner

Hi Jorge,

Not sure if your problem has been successfully solved. But I had the exactly same one, and my workaround is that in step one "You may also select the following products to uninstall", do NOT check any of the items on the list, and the installation seems to be free from the error.

So it appears the installation script has something wrong in it.

0 Kudos