Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Troubles with FLEXlm license

Chen_W_2
Beginner

Hi,

I have intalled the 2016 Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux* sucessfully. It is fine in the server node. But it gets errors in other nodes when running the icc commond. The installation is on the shared file server that is accessible to all the nodes.

"

Error: A license for Comp-CL is not available (-9,57).

License file(s) used were (in this order):
    1.  Trusted Storage
**  2.  /public1/software/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.1.150/linux/licenses
**  3.  /opt/intel/licenses/l_xxxxxxx.lic
**  4.  /public1/home/xiao/intel/licenses
**  5.  /public1/software/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.1.150/linux/bin/intel64/../../Licenses
**  6.  /public1/home/xiao/Licenses
**  7.  /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses
**  8.  /public1/software/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.1.150/linux/bin/intel64/*.lic

Please visit http://software.intel.com/sites/support/ if you require technical assistance.

icc: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license

"

The license " /opt/intel/licenses/l_xxxxxx.lic " is in the paths of the nodes. 

When running " echo $INTEL_LICENSE_FILE " , I get

/public1/software/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.1.150/linux/licenses:/opt/intel/licenses:/public1/home/xiao/intel/licenses

How can I deal with the errors? Thanks for your helps.

Best Wishes,

CY

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Chen,

Your license is system-locked license, which means that you can only install or use the products on designated computers.  According to EULA, you are allowed to install on up to three computers with this license.  On each computer, you need a particular license file.  Installer is able to generate license file for you automatically.  In your case, obviously you don't want to run installer on each node.  So you would have to generate license file on your own.  Please follow the instructions on https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-do-i-get-a-license-file-for-an-offline-installation-of-intel-parallel-studio-xe-2016.

If you compile your application on your server node, and won't do that on other nodes (maybe just run the application on them), then you don't have to install or run compiler on them.  Thus no license file is required on those nodes.  FYI.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Chen,

Your license is system-locked license, which means that you can only install or use the products on designated computers.  According to EULA, you are allowed to install on up to three computers with this license.  On each computer, you need a particular license file.  Installer is able to generate license file for you automatically.  In your case, obviously you don't want to run installer on each node.  So you would have to generate license file on your own.  Please follow the instructions on https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-do-i-get-a-license-file-for-an-offline-installation-of-intel-parallel-studio-xe-2016.

If you compile your application on your server node, and won't do that on other nodes (maybe just run the application on them), then you don't have to install or run compiler on them.  Thus no license file is required on those nodes.  FYI.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Chen_W_2
Beginner

Thanks to Feilong. This means I just do nothing. In fact, it indeed doesn't influnce my use of these nodes. 

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been resolved. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos