Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Two Mac's using 3088, same login, different list of projects

Dan_K_
Beginner

I use two Mac's; a desktop and laptop. I've updated XDK to 3088 on both. I then did some work on my laptop - created a new project, deleted others. When I fire up XDK on my desktop, the new list of project isn't there??

I've logged out and restarted from scratch. No joy.

Any ideas?

Regards,
-dk

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

You can find global-settings.xdk in ~/Library/Application Support/XDK/. This file contains a list of projects on your machine. When you have two different installations on two different machines both will have different global-settings.xdk hence the list will appear different. You can copy this file over to the other machine as long as the install locations and the paths to the projects are same.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

This is the expected behavior. The XDK does not sync your project files across multiple computers. You can use git/dropbox/other to do this for you.

0 Kudos
Dan_K_
Beginner

I guess I didn't explain it, sorry.

I keep the project on Dropbox. In the past, before 3088, both Mac's saw the same list of projects. If I created a project on one Mac, it would be in the project list on the other Mac.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Hmmmm, not sure how that is possible unless you also have the global settings file sync'd with dropbox. For me, its found here, C:\Users\jphughes\AppData\Local\XDK\global-settings.xdk

0 Kudos
Dan_K_
Beginner

The only thing I've done is install the 3088 update on both machines. I'll try deleting XDK from one machine and reinstalling.

0 Kudos
Dan_K_
Beginner

I uninstalled XDK, downloaded a new dmg, reinstalled, and logged in. None of my projects show.

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

While you did an uninstall, did you ask Intel XDK to remove your project settings? This clears your global-settings.xdk file. The list of projects displayed are fetched from this file. Can you look for this file in your system and see what projects are included in it?

Like John said unless your global-settings.xdk file is synced via dropbox, its not feasible for both machines to see the same projects. 

0 Kudos
Dan_K_
Beginner

Where do I ask to have project setting removed? I don't see a "global-settings.xdk" file. I'm on a Mac. 

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

You can find global-settings.xdk in ~/Library/Application Support/XDK/. This file contains a list of projects on your machine. When you have two different installations on two different machines both will have different global-settings.xdk hence the list will appear different. You can copy this file over to the other machine as long as the install locations and the paths to the projects are same.

0 Kudos
Dan_K_
Beginner

Thanks. Got it.

0 Kudos