Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

UWP Samples - No Devices Found?

Customer__Intel7
Beginner

Hi,

I wanted to try out the beta UWP support for facial. I have a system with a built-in working camera and I have the latest Visual Studio 2015 Update 2, Windows 10 version 10586.218 and the latest release of the RealSense SDK.

The camera on the system is working ok and I can use it with the SDK samples such as the Face Tracking sample in C++ and it works fine there.

However, if I try any of the UWP samples in the folder [framework\UWP\Samples] then I find that each sample always returns "no devices" and this is coming from a call to Device.FindAllAsync(SenseManager).

Any ideas why the UWP SDK isn't seeing any devices? I had a flick through the SDK release notes but didn't come upon anything that seemed related.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Dmitry_Z_Intel
Employee
mtaulty,

Please add camera model and DCM version. Also please note that UWP is not supported for F200 camera.

0 Kudos
Customer__Intel7
Beginner

Hi Dmitry,

Ok - that explains it as I'm trying to use an F200 camera here with UWP and I didn't know that F200 wasn't supported.

I'm waiting on an SR300 camera and don't have one to try yet so I'll have to try when it shows up.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
jb455
Valued Contributor II

Dimitry, does UWP support the R200? Will there be any backwards compatibility built in in the future to support the F200 (and R200 if not already), or will it only ever support the 300 generation?

0 Kudos
Dmitry_Z_Intel
Employee

Please see release notes on 2016 R1 SDK: http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/8524/release_notes_realsense_sdk_2016_r1.pdf

R200 Beta features

Blob UWP Support

Core UWP Support

Depth Streaming UWP Support 

0 Kudos
Silviu-Tudor_Serban

Built a couple of RealSense applications on UWP (Windows 10 64bit, SR300, SDK 2016 R1).
Keep in mind that some features are still in Preview or Alpha, therefore a bit of tinkering may be required to have everything running smoothly.

0 Kudos
Customer__Intel7
Beginner

Just coming back on this - I do now have an SR300 camera and I have tried it out with the UWP support and I have managed to get beyond my original problem of 'no camera found' so that's good.

I like the way that this is heading but for my experiments with UWP and SR300 so far I've found;

1) I can stream video ok.

2) I can't get face to work - whenever I try face the camera just turns itself off.

That said - I have some general problems with the SR300 on all the systems that I've tried it on so far so this might not be a problem that's specific to the UWP support, it may just be that I don't actually have a PC that can cope with the SR300 including my Surface Book. I've raised some of these problems on other threads as this one was about UWP.

0 Kudos
Dmitry_Z_Intel
Employee

Technically, UWP Face uses same algorithms and classifiers as Desktop Face, so you can start by checking if Desktop Face sample works for you, then you can determine if the problem comes from UWP or camera stack.

0 Kudos
Customer__Intel7
Beginner

Hi Dimitry,

Thanks for the info - I tried a few machines and in the end it seems like I struck lucky and the camera seems to work quite well for me on a Surface Pro 3. On other machines, I had a lot of problems.

On the Surface Pro 3, I find that I can write UWP code and I can get video from the camera and I can get facial frames from the camera and that seems to work pretty well. I'm unsure what's happening on my other machines but, for now, this is good for me as I can experiment on that machine.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos