Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Unable to initialize all modalities

Oliver_H_
Beginner

Hi all,

- I'm getting the "Unable to initialize all modalities" error in Unity 5 (5.3.4f1 (64-bit)).
- I've replaced the dll's with the 64bit ones.
- I'm using the R200, it works fine with with the demo applications in (C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\RSSDK\bin\x64)

Trying the demo scenes in Unity it fails and crashes on demos that use hand_tracking. If I disable hands it doesn't crash. For example in sample scene 3 - I disable "
Full Hand tracking-left" and "Full Hand tracking-right" and the scene runs and it displays the video feed from the camera but the face tracking doesn't work. Nothing works other than the RGB feed from the camera.

What am I missing?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Oliver_H_
Beginner

Some more info...

I've created a basic scene with just the prefabs "Sense AR" and "SenseManager"
In the GameObject [Sense AR > RealCamera > Image Plane] I can set Stream Out to STREAM_TYPE_COLOR and it's fine. Selecting STREAM_TYPE_IR however I get the error "Unable to initialize all modalities"

0 Kudos
Andradige_S_Intel

Oliver,

Please try to run the raw stream C++ sample from the RSSDK sample explorer and see if your IR stream is working in the camera.

0 Kudos
Oliver_H_
Beginner

I've tried running "DF_RawStreams.exe" and the only streams available are color, depth, left, right. I assume the IR image isn't available, which would explain the error in my second post. I assume this "Unable to initialize all modalities" error is thrown when the device doesn't support a given mode.

The face tracking still isn't working in Unity, but it works in the example binary "DF_FaceTracking.exe"

0 Kudos