Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Unable to upload to Apple

Aaron_F_2
Beginner

I have an issue where I cannot submit a compiled app from XDK to the app store for an update.

The app was updated several times successfully, however with the recent changes to XDK I have been unable to update the app again using the new procedure (XDK to Phonegap Build to Apple).

When I attempt to upload the IPA file through "Application Loader" (on OSX) I get the message:

"No suitable application records were found. Verify your bundle identifier 'com.mycompany.myname' is correct."

I've looked everywhere. The bundle identifier listed by the app does NOT exist anywhere in XDK. I've even recreated all the certs, provisions etc, to no avail.

What could I be doing wrong?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Just so I understand, you are exporting to PhoneGap Build and the app is being built by PhoneGap Build. You are then attempting to submit that IPA, which was build by PGB to Apple. Is that correct?

If my understanding is correct, I suspect you have not supplied your iOS build certificates to PhoneGap Build, before you built your IPA. Or, you have not set the App ID correctly in the Build Settings section of the Projects tab. The error message refers to an App ID of "com.mycompany.myname" -- what is the setting in your App ID field in the Build Settings section of the Projects tab?

If you open the config.xml inside the ZIP file that is exported, you will see something like:

id = "xdk.intel.sample"

at the end of the <widget> tag, which should contain the ID for your app. Does it match the ID for your app? That is, the App ID setting from the Build Settings? If you have a different value for the App ID in the Android Build Settings compared to the iOS Build Settings, the Android ID will have priority. You might have to disable the Android component from the export (see the docs for information on how to do that).

0 Kudos
Aaron_F_2
Beginner

You nailed it. That's exactly what I'm trying to do, and the *correct* build ID is actually specified in XDK (in the Project settings) and in the config.xml (in the widget tag).

I wasn't aware that you could upload the cert(s) to phonegap build, and actually I can't see where that would happen?

As for android, the same build identifier was specified for both environments, but I have actually tried just doing the IOS build, to no benefit.

0 Kudos
Aaron_F_2
Beginner

Okay, a little Googling showed me how to upload the certs to phonegap. Did it, same result. Unfortunately.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Are you trying to use the certs that you submitted to the XDK? If so, I recommend that you create a new set of certs for you iOS builds, it is likely the source of the problem (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30110757/xcode-error-when-uploading-to-app-store-no-suitable-application-records-were-f).

See these PhoneGap Build doc pages for instructions on how to create and submit a clean set of iOS build certs > http://docs.phonegap.com/phonegap-build/signing/ios/ < I recommend using the "Windows Users" procedure, even if you have a Mac, they will actually work with any host machine and are more reliable, there are very subtle issues that can occur when you use the "Mac Users" process that are hard to resolve, if you encounter them.

0 Kudos