Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Unexpected call to process.exit()

Christian_K_
New Contributor I

Hello,

i see this message in "App Preview" and when i add a new Third-Party Plugin, after update to 3900. System MAC OSX.

Unexpected call to process.exit()

Best regards

Christian

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Alcides_A_
Beginner

I have the same problem, can anyone help?    MacOX

0 Kudos
Matheus_S_2
Beginner

I have the same problem, can anyone help? macOS

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Please provide more details. App Preview runs on your mobile device, so it should not have any impact on your XDK. Where are you seeing the "process.exit()" call? In App Preview or somewhere in the XDK?

The reason I'm confused is because you refer to adding a plugin in the XDK and reference App Preview, which are totally isolated from each other. Can you provide a specific example that would allow me to reproduce and understand precisely what is going on, I need that in order to figure out a workaround or direct engineering in order to find a solution.

Screenshots or a video are very helpful to help me understand the issue.

0 Kudos
Christian_K_
New Contributor I

I see this message everything after add a plugin, for example camera plugin (Screenshot). And i see this message once in app preview.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Is there a config.xml file in the root of your project folder? If so, rename it or delete it and let me know if that fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
Christian_K_
New Contributor I

I renamed the config.xml and the problem is the same.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Create a new project using the "hello cordova" sample. Can you simulate/test/build that project?

0 Kudos
Christian_K_
New Contributor I

I can`t create the hello world project. I see this error (Screenshot).

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I see you are on a Mac. There was a change in how and where the XDK local files are installed that occasionally causes trouble. The simplest way to resolve it is to a) exit the XDK and b) open a terminal window and type the following at the prompt:

rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/XDK

You will lose the list of projects in the XDK project list, but you can open your projects by going to the Projects tab and using the GREEN button at the lower left to "Open an Intel XDK Project." Then find the <project-name>.xdk file for the project of interest and open it to open your project.

But first, you might try creating the "hello world" project to be sure that fixed the issue.

0 Kudos
Justin_W_3
Beginner

Tried the above and doesn't make any difference for me except all my projects need to be added in manually

Has anyone got this working on Mac? I'm on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 if that helps?

0 Kudos