Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Upload rejected by Google Play because of version number

Phil_P___Pete_
New Contributor I

So, uploading a new version of my app to Google Play as a beta app.

I get this error message:

upload_new_apk.png

Obviously, this begs some questions... A) Where do you set/change this mythical "18" - it's nothing I've set; B) I think the XDK UI is lying to us because of this:

xdk_apk_version.png

My app should be released as version 1.0 when it comes out of Beta.  I saw no references to this mythical "18" or methods to change it. Obviously the tooltip is wrong, XDK is not changing some number behind the scenes.

Suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The magic is in Cordova, not the XDK. See this article > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/articles/android-and-crosswalk-cordova-version-code-issues < for details.

BTW -- the Version Code is never seen by your users. The user facing version string is stored in the "App Version" field in the UI. That is an arbitrary string and can be anything you want, the Android store does nothing with it, other than display it in the store and, optionally, as part of your app on the device. Standard Cordova CLI will try to link that with the Version Code, if you don't fill it in, but I don't recall precisely how that works. You'll have to read the Cordova CLI docs for that detail.

0 Kudos
Phil_P___Pete_
New Contributor I

Thanks Paul.  The link you provided was as clear as mud (LOL) but I got your point... 

You may want to fix that tooltip in the next release because the tooltip clearly states that XDK will increase this for you.  Beta 2 is in Google Play and we JUST tested on iOS 10.1 and will submit to iTunes tomorrow or Tuesday.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Interesting, my view of that hover looks like this:

Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 10.11.46 AM.png

...in your view the hover text very wide and ends up covering the (i) that is being referred to by the hover text, which contains the link I sent you. I'll report to our UI team.

0 Kudos
Phil_P___Pete_
New Contributor I

Are you on a later version? Perhaps the UI team already fixed it.... if not, while they're in there perhaps they can change the text to something a little clearer.

Besides, this should be automatically updated. I'm not even sure users need direct access to this.

0 Kudos
Marcondes__Marcos

Pete

Thats for sure ... intel xdk would get an option to auto increment the version number for each new compiling .... very boring this to update manually every time

thanks
Marcos

0 Kudos