Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Utility for changing laser camera parameters (IVCAM v0.5)

samontab
Valued Contributor II

IVCAM v0.5 is a free utility that I made that allows you to do the following with your Intel RealSense F200 camera:

- Read and write camera and laser projector settings.
- Display depth, XYZ (color coded), or IR streams in real time while you are changing those settings.

Requirements are either:

a) Laptop with a built-in RealSense F200 camera

or

b) Computer with the following:
- 32 or 64 bit Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
- DCM installed (to use the USB version of the F200 camera).

This is how it currently looks:

ivcam_0.5.png

You can download it from here:
http://www.samontab.com/web/files/ivcam.zip

0 Kudos
48 Replies
Scigor
Beginner

samontab wrote:

Maybe it loads an earlier version of the SDK when using win8 compatibility?

Could be a possibility.
In fact I didn't have an F200 but before ordering the SR300 I installed the SDK R5.

And when I got the SR300 I have updated to the latest R6 version.

0 Kudos
hape
Beginner

Hm,
this looks all a bit strange, since I can use IVCAM v0.5 together with the SR300 without starting it in compatibility mode. It works as well for me as it did with the F200. It does not crash (as long other programs are not using the SDK at the same time) and the changes to the parameters get accepted and are immediately noticeable.

Some days ago I deinstalled all runtimes and all sdk installations and installed the latest sdk and runtime (8.0.24.6528).

0 Kudos
Amir_K_2
Beginner

Thank You Sebastian ! 

0 Kudos
peter_h_4
Beginner

Hey samontab,

thanks for sharing this great tool!

However will there be an update with the latest Realsense SDK which is atm R6 (v8.0).

Cheers peter

0 Kudos
Amir_K_2
Beginner

Very Useful tool and topic ! 
Thanks 

Regards,
Amir

0 Kudos
Lesly_Z_
Beginner

Hey samontab,

anything similar to IVCAM v0.3 for librealsense R200 in Linux?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Pooja_R_
Beginner

Hello

This Information is very useful.

Also I just started with the SR300 cameras and had a small issue.

• Even though I am using it indoors even at the slight onset of sunlight through the Windows the SR300 does not detect depth Images beyond 30 cms and is completely blacked out? I was looking to improve this.
  • Also is there a indetail description for using libRealSense as I am trying to run multiple SR300 cameras or onef200 and one SR300 camera on one System along with Windows 10 and unity.So please could you give me some suggestions on how I could proceed on this?
  • I am attempting Hand tracking and would prefer outdoor tracking but the SR300 and f200 work only indoor.Is there some way I could use the R200 for Hand tracking or could in someway manage the SR300 and F200 outdoors?
  • Also a very Basic question but what is the best distinctive Point which makes the R200 work outdoor as a Long range camera and SR300 and F200 short range cameras not work outdoor or in a very bright room?

Thank you for all the Support.

Help would be highly appreciated as I am a Student who has just entered this Domain.

Cheers

0 Kudos