Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

VS 2013 integration NOT

jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

I recently installed MS Visual Studio 2013 Professional (update of VS 2012).

I had, and still have VS 2010 installed. Prior to installing VS 2012&2013 I had installed Intel Parallel Studio XE 2015 Pro for Fortran and C++. This integrated into VS 2010 without an issue.

Wanting integration into VS 2013, I (re)installed Intel Parallel Studio XE 2015 Update 2 Professional for Fortran and C++ Windows.

At the end of the pre-setup, the configuration dialog indicates integration to VS 2010 to be performed, going back to the configuration options page, it shows VS 2010 checked, VS 2012 and VS 2013 are displayed unchecked but greyed out (integration disabled).

I have the update 4's on hand (w_fcompxe_2015.4.221, w_ccompxe_2015.4.221, VTune_Amplifier_2015_update4_setup), to be installed after PS XE 2015 update completes installation.

Is there an integration issue with MS VS 2013, and a work around.

P.S.

In MS VS 2013 I can build and debug a 64-bit C++ using MS VC++

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Additional information:

I have available: parallel_studio_xe_2015_update1_setup.exe (in the event update 2 has issues), and the 2015 beta

Is there a separate integration download that integrates the installed parallel studio(s)?

Installation just finished.

Clicking on [Finish] pops up an error dialog box:

Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\/Parallel Studio XE 2015/Documentation/...

Where: \/ between Intel and Parallel is Backslash,Slash

This folder (sans the /) is not found. Perhaps the \/ was used in the Create Directory for the documents folder (no error message to this was displayed).

After Finish (and OK to error dialog)

MS VS 2010 aborts launch with:

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation

MS VS 2013 aborts launch with:

A problem occurred when loading the Microsoft Visual Studio menu. To fix this problem, run 'devenv.exe /resetsettings' from the command prompt. Note: this command resets your environment settings.

Running this, from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe

Did not fix VS 2012.

Installation killed VS 2010 and VS 2013

I will try rebooting.

Not a happy camper.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello Jim,

Did you try some solutions for integration issue described in this article:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/troubleshooting-fortran-integration-issues-with-visual-studio

Regards,

Devorah 
Intel® Developer Support

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Rebooting fixed the broke VS 2010 and Vs 2013 issue.

I am in the process of installing update 4 (Fortran). This shows integration into both VS2010 and VS2013, nothing in between (which is OK by me). Will see what happens with C++ and VTune.

Will have to see if the update fixes the BackSlash,Slash issue for Documentation (can use web docs if not).

Will know is system survives the updates.

Hasn't been a good last few days. Friday noon, 3 sectors went bad on by system disk in a non-critical file. Wouldn't have noticed it except for prior to installing VS 2013 and other components, in addition to these Intel updates, I wanted to make a full system backup. When the offending file (or possibly sub-folder) got hit, the system would crash. After several attempts to full backup, I eliminated the offending folder from the full backup. Then individually backed up the important files from this folder. The HD has a cryptic date code "08", 2008? Which sounds about right, so I replaced the HD, and using a disk cloning package "cloned" the HD. ~ 7 hours later, the clone report indicated 3 hard errors. The cloning program did not crash, I was happy about that. After removal of old HD and reboot, ran CHKDSK /B to scan and fix errors. This took longer than the clone. I have over 1,000,000 files on this disk. Stuff going back to the 1990's.

Fortran update 4 just completed installation...

Starting C++ update 4 (then VTune).

I think I will be OK.

With the HD crash, and by the way your Intel website crashed too just after my last post, I was getting a bit paranoid about being hex'd.

Assume that I will be OK, I will squeak again if I have additional problem.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos