Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Version 1995: Cannot start new project

John_F_3
New Contributor I

I just upgraded to 1995 on OSX Yosemite. Old projects are present but I cannot create a new project.

1. Click "start a new project"

2. Click on standard HTML5 in blank template

3. select layout and user interface

4. Click tab view app and use AD.

5. Click continue

6. Provide project name leaving existing project directory from prior XDK versions

7. Click create and the attached error dialog appears.  The directory with your project is created in the project directory--contents are empty.

WORKAROUND: Create a new project directory and a new project can be created.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

uninstall and reinstall the XDK. Let me know if you are still facing the issue.

0 Kudos
John_F_3
New Contributor I

Hi Amrita,

This appears to be a new bug behavior in the Mac OSX 1995 build.  For many versions I have not been able to rely on in-app upgrade and always have to uninstall/reinstall to get full functionality.  Previously you could create a new project after an in-app upgrade--just other things like the build did not function.

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello John! I recreated your steps and I was able to create a new project with app designer  v1995 and I was able to build as well. It doesn't have to do anything with Windows or Mac. 

0 Kudos
John_F_3
New Contributor I

Hi Amrita,

This is all related to the ongoing problem of the notification that a new build exists and letting the XDK upgrade itself.

Wipe everything clean and reinstall fresh and there is no problem. I was just pointing out another symptom of the same bug.

0 Kudos