Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
17065 Discussions

Weinre Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'call' of undefined

Colin_G_
Beginner

Hi,

I am not sure how this affects my debugging, but I am getting this error in the console when I include the remote debugging (weinre) tag.

(ie. 

<script src="http://debug-software.intel.com/target/target-script-min.js#..."></script>

)

"Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'call' of undefined " - at target-script-min.js:1283

This occurred before I added any code of my own, and it did not matter whether I placed the tag in the first or second suggested locations in index.html.

Regards

Colin Goldberg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

I assume you are not keeping the weinre script in your app when you publish it? That's not a good idea, it should be removed from your app before you publish your app.

Are you getting this when using the Emulate tab? If so, it can be ignored.

Colin_G_
Beginner

Thanks for your response.

I did refer to "my debugging" - so this has nothing to do with publishing the app.

This is in the Emulate tab. However, the appearance of the error is quite off-putting. I wasted a lot of time finding the context of the error, because I was concerned that it was my code - I am probably not the first person who has experienced this. If this is a bug then it should be fixed. For those who try to be efficient in their development, this is not helpful.

Regards

Colin Goldberg

PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The Emulate tab and weinre do not mix well. You should remove the weinre tag if you are using the Emulate tab.