Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Weinre Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'call' of undefined

Colin_G_
Beginner

Hi,

I am not sure how this affects my debugging, but I am getting this error in the console when I include the remote debugging (weinre) tag.

(ie. 

<script src="http://debug-software.intel.com/target/target-script-min.js#..."></script>

)

"Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'call' of undefined " - at target-script-min.js:1283

This occurred before I added any code of my own, and it did not matter whether I placed the tag in the first or second suggested locations in index.html.

Regards

Colin Goldberg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

I assume you are not keeping the weinre script in your app when you publish it? That's not a good idea, it should be removed from your app before you publish your app.

Are you getting this when using the Emulate tab? If so, it can be ignored.

0 Kudos
Colin_G_
Beginner

Thanks for your response.

I did refer to "my debugging" - so this has nothing to do with publishing the app.

This is in the Emulate tab. However, the appearance of the error is quite off-putting. I wasted a lot of time finding the context of the error, because I was concerned that it was my code - I am probably not the first person who has experienced this. If this is a bug then it should be fixed. For those who try to be efficient in their development, this is not helpful.

Regards

Colin Goldberg

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The Emulate tab and weinre do not mix well. You should remove the weinre tag if you are using the Emulate tab.

0 Kudos