Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

What is the best programming language for mobile apps?

anbu2020
Beginner

I mainly want to develop Blackberry apps, but I would like to learn a language that is compatible with as many phone platforms as possible.

Beginner

Learn to code Java, it is the best programming language, Moreover, you can check this list.

0 Kudos
jadhav__Vipul
Beginner

Java programming language is one of the most preferred languages when it comes to Mobile app development.

0 Kudos
Sherman__Ben
Beginner

Java: Java is the official programming language for the Android platform and is supported by Android Studio. However, this language has a steep learning curve.
Kotlin: Recently, Kotlin has become the second official programming language for the Android platform. In many ways, Kotlin is very similar to Java, but its learning curve is less steep.
BASIC: It’s worth exploring in order to try an IDE from Anywhere Software called B4A (Basic4Android). This is a simple but powerful enough tool. When developing applications, many native libraries are used.
Corona / LUA: A cross-platform tool based on the Lua programming language. Corona greatly simplifies the process of creating applications and allows you to call any native library.
PhoneGap (HTML, CSS, JavaScript): With PhoneGap, you can create a cross-platform application using JavaScript, using HTML and CSS for markup. That is, you create your application, just as you create a regular website. 

netclipart

0 Kudos
Reddy__Amara
Beginner

There are so many programming languages  which are used in software development. According to me, for developing mobile application software, Java is the best language.

0 Kudos
Tushar_Prajapati
Beginner

I have an experience of working as a Dot Net Application Developer, I have worked on many technologies like web application development, software development and mobile application development.

Just want to share my knowledge regarding app development, AngularJS and Ionic helps to create cross-platform application development.

Here are the some benefits of developing Mobile App with AngularJS and Ionic

-> It helps in extending HTML templates, enabling us to use an advanced approach in managing the components.

-> It has fewer manipulations of JS and HTML and adheres to its own basics, thus helping to deliver better stability.

-> The modular approach aids developers in segmenting code parts, simplifying testing, updates, and maintenance activities.

->  AngularJS can be easily added to an HTML page via a simple coding script.

0 Kudos
Tanc
Beginner

It is possible to learn one language and create mobile app for iOS and android both if you choose React Native as it is provides a user friendly interface across all platforms

0 Kudos
HANKU__LENNYO
Beginner

What programming language should I learn for developing mobile apps?

Hi,

I want to start teaching myself some programming, but I don't know where to start. I know C and C++ would be a good starting point for computer software programming, but what about iOS and Android apps? What programming languages do they use?

Thanks...

0 Kudos
Arthonzl__Mark
Beginner

You can start with C++ as the OP said already. This is very good for programming. All the best!

0 Kudos
Endive_Software
Beginner

Several languages are available in the market for building mobile apps such as Java, Kotlin, Flutter, Xamarin, Swift, etc. 

As you know that Google Declares Kotlin as Its Favorite Programming Language for Android App Development. Flutter is Different From Other Cross-Platform Frameworks? 

You can read here about kotlin language: https://www.endivesoftware.com/blog/kotlin-for-android-app-development

0 Kudos
tgray__Emily
Beginner

There are various types of a programming language uses in the market for mobile app development . Every language has their own quality but now days iot and python are trending language. 

0 Kudos
IPmedia1
Beginner

Java is the most popular and preferred language for android app development and it is also the most searched language on search engines all over the world.  

Swift is the latest programming language for ios devices.

0 Kudos
Diana
Beginner

I think it depends on many factors based on the maturity, size, dependencies, interoperability and features of the app.

0 Kudos
Choudhary__Bhupendra

Android and Apple provide their own platform for developing mobile apps for their platform. You can visit android SDK to know more about how to download the software and start working on developing the apps. I have developed a field service management software and app through this platform.