Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

What is the highest resolution for Creative Senz3D camera?

Gang_F_
Beginner

HI,

I have a question regarding the Creative senz3D camera.

Now I have such a camera and I wanted to use it in my research. My research is not related with the RGB image, no depth information required.

I used RS_SDK to control the camera. I can get the device manager. I can enable the stream. But if I set the resolution to 1280X720, Init will fail. Init can work if I decrease the resolution to 640X480X30.

So, my question is -

Is there a way to capture the still image out of the Creative senz3D with higher resolution?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best,

Gang Fang

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gang_F_
Beginner

Sorry,

my research only requires RGB still image. I do not need depth information.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The RealSense SDK, for the most part, does not support the 2013 Creative camera as it was designed for the 2014 RealSense camera.  However, some simple RGB-based functions are usable, as the 2013 cam is treated like an ordinary webcam rather than a motion control camera.

So it's going to be difficult to provide advice for what you are trying to do, as the RealSense SDK and the 2013 cam are not designed to work together.  However, some people on this forum do still own the 2013 cam, so maybe they can do some tests and provide you with some useful guidance.

0 Kudos
Gang_F_
Beginner

BTW, here is another question,

how to tell the camera to auto expose on the environmental illuminaiton?

It seems that my cam did nothing under a high illumination.

Best,

Gang Fang

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

In my opinion, if you only are going to use RGB, just use any other camera. The color camera in the RealSense camera is not particularly great.

And for the SDK, you could use OpenCV, VTK, PCL, etc...

0 Kudos