Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Where to put the license file?

Jingwen_Zhang
Beginner

Dear colleagues,

I downloaded the Intel Visual Fortran Studio XE for Windows*, and received the license file through email. I was asked to copy the file manually tomy system. However, I don't know which folder I should copy this file into. Coud you please help?

Best Regards,

Sincerely,
Jingwen

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KitturGanesh
Employee
Hi Jingwen,
You can do so in 2 ways:

1. You can put in any folder of your choice and during install choose the "license file option" and it'll ask you to give the full path to the license file which you can browse and point to the license file where you stored and proceed with the

OR

2. You can put the licence in the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses (for 64-bit arch)

or

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\Licenses (for 32-bit)

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need any further info, appreciate much.

Regards,

Kittur

0 Kudos
Jingwen_Zhang
Beginner
Dear Kittur,

Thanks a lot! My problem has been solved using your second method. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Sincerely,

Jingwen
0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee
You're most welcome Jingwen. Please use this forum for any issues in the future like you do - for quick resolution, appreciate much.
Regards,
Kittur
0 Kudos
Olivier_B_2
Beginner

I've copied the license file where it has been explained before (for Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer), but I also expected it is displayed somewhere (on my computer, not using intel registration center) that my product is activated. But I didn't find. When i start the Intel software Manager, then go to the 'licenses' tab, it's still displayed that the evaluation will expire in a few days (and when clicking on 'activate' button, i get a connection error, probably due to my professional network...)

There's no user interface where i can see the activation ?

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been resolved. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos