Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Which Language is Preferred for Mobile Software Development ?

Amber_N_
Beginner

I would like to know which is the most popular language for writing Mobile Software Applications ?

I want to create app for users.

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Nancy_B_
Beginner
C++ c C# php, HTML 5 etc
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
What about the Java?
0 Kudos
karray_G_
Beginner

Hello,

The Cross-Platform is, also, a good way: you develop your application using the Javascript language and deploy it on the other different platforms (Android, BlackBerry, etc...), there are many frameworks to do it (Titanium, PhoneGab.....) !

0 Kudos
med_anouar_hammami

Android is the world's most popular mobile platform until now :)

0 Kudos
Ahmed_BH
Beginner

Android phones are the most popular, so u need Java Language but if u are an HTML 5 developper you can deploy and publish you work on different platforms like blackberry, windows phone,ios...

0 Kudos
Finn_M_
Beginner

You can learn C/C++ Programming languages, so your logic is clear. Then after that you can read Java Programming language. There are lots of android application development using Java code.

As a mobile application developer, you need to think about all mobile application languages, so you can easily create any apps. Androids need Java language, iPhone need C/C++ language concepts.

0 Kudos
Adrian_Stevens
Beginner

Most popular programming languages of 2014:

http://blog.codeeval.com/codeevalblog/2014#.UvAv8PRDvTo

I personally prefer C# for ease of use, documentation and developer community.  For cross platform C# take a look at Xamarin: http://xamarin.com/

0 Kudos
Vihanga_A_
New Contributor I

Which Language is most suitable to create Windows Phone Applications

0 Kudos
Adrian_Stevens
Beginner

Vihanga Ashinsana wrote:

Which Language is most suitable to create Windows Phone Applications

You can use HTML5 or C# for Windows Phone apps. And if you're targeting Windows Phone 8 you can go native and write in c++

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/jj681687(v=vs.105).aspx ;

So pick the one you're most comfortable with, and/or the language that will give you the best chance of re-using code.

I personally prefer C# but that's been my focus for the past 5 years ;)

0 Kudos
Alejandro_J_
Beginner

I think the C/C++ is the most powerful programming language ,but, it’s depends on what you are going to work on, and the time required to accomplish the mission?

0 Kudos
Dushan_C_
New Contributor I

If you are doing android you can use Java or C++, if you are on iOS you can use objective C. And if you are on windows you can use C++/C#. And if you want to develop for all the platforms at once, HTML5 is the way to go

0 Kudos
Vidura_Dhananjaya
New Contributor II
Most powerful c++
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Vidura_Dhananjaya wrote:

Most powerful c++

Yes and definitely not the easiest one to learn and master.

0 Kudos
Anderson_C_Intel
Employee

if you are going to build a mobile app, and make a living, you should learn object- c and create iOS app.

0 Kudos
Vidyasagar_MSC
Innovator

Language is platform specific and also it depends on your current technical expertise.

Native Languages

• Windows Phone - C#/XAML or C++/XAML or HTML5/Javascript
  • IOS - Objective-C or Swift 
  • Android - Java (Android specific)

There are cross platform flavors also which are also language specific

• C# - Xamarin with Portable Class Library (PCL)
  • HTML5- Intel XDK 
  • Javascript/HTML - PhoneGap (Apache Cordova)

There are many other tools

0 Kudos
Akhil_R_
Beginner

Java is the best but I heard that Mozilla is developing a new cross platform developer which seems good.

0 Kudos
Sylvie_S_
Beginner

Sorry, I can't help you out. But I have a similar query to ask. Myself Sylvie Skew, presently a homemaker. I am planning to again start my career after a long time.I have experience in application development, but now I want to start with website development and designing. I already have knowledge of HTML, Oracle, MySql. But for Frontend coding which S/W should I learn? So many are available in market today.

0 Kudos
Armansyah_T_
Beginner

I would suggest HTML5 with Javascript as the start with less effort, except if you have a large team. Once the app is growing, you can optimise it using the platforms native language (Java for Android or Objective C/Swift for iOS or C# for Windows Phone). But it depends on what platform you are targeting.

0 Kudos
IPmedia1
Beginner

HTML 5 is the best choice for building a web frontend application for mobile devices. It also simplifies the input parameters, data types, accounts of different screen sizes.  the mobile app can create a fully responsive website that is capable of working seamlessly on the array of devices.

Swift is one of the latest programming languages for releasing Apple inc. it is mainly used for iOS app development as well as operating system X.

0 Kudos
Pavlov__Pavel
Beginner

I usually found more material and tutorials for the Java language.
He had experience in developing mobile applications, first used the Android Studio development environment, but did not find out about InteliJ IDEA

He wrote only in Java and everyone advises Java

0 Kudos