Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Which language should i use for backend development ?

wahdat_k_
Beginner
I have completed the frontend development in intel xdk now i want to do server side development which language should i use.. can i use php for backend. Thanks
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alex_Hang
New Contributor II

Hello sir

PHP was build specially for back-end development, and it's a good programming language. You can also use Python, which is also a very powerful and easy to learn programming language used for back-end. There is another good server-side programming language called Ruby, or if you have to work with a lot of texts you can use Perl, which was influenced by C/C++. If you want to create a database you should use SQL, so there are a lot of options, all that matters is which of the languages is easier for you and which does what you need to.

You can learn all of them from CodeCademy (https://www.codecademy.com/ ).

Hope this post helps you

Alex Hang

0 Kudos
wahdat_k_
Beginner
Sir alex thanks...which is easy to learn for backend my intel xdk android app ... Do i need to create php files inside intel xdk
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Wahdat -- the XDK does not dictate what you use on your backend, there is no tightly-coupled connection between your mobile app and your server backend. You should use a RESTful API (standard HTTP network transactions) to communicate with your backend. So the backend can use whatever works best for the backend. The XDK creates standard Cordova (aka PhoneGap) apps, so solutions you find that work with a Cordova or PhoneGap app also apply to your XDK app.

p.s. You cannot develop your server side code with the XDK, it is only designed to develop IoT Node.js and Cordova HTML5 apps.

0 Kudos
wahdat_k_
Beginner
Sir paul i am actually fresher to intel xdk app develipment.. are intel xdk not compatible with php ?? And please suggest me some tutorials for backend of my app..thanks..
0 Kudos
Alex_Hang
New Contributor II

If you want to learn more about backend development here you can find a short tutorial about it https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/759094/Step-by-Step-PHP-Tutorials-for-Beginners-Creating

În order to create a PHP file you don't need a special development enviroment( such as Intel XDK) because the Php backend ia just file written in PHP, without the need of any compilation. You can use any text editor you want ( Notepad, Notepad++, Sublime Text, etc)

There is no problem If Intel XDK is compatible or not with PHP, because using Intel XDK you are building a Cordova app using HTML CSS and Javascript, which are all front-end programming/scripting language which are running inside a browser using your phone's local resources. 

PHP is running in the server that hosts it.

0 Kudos
wahdat_k_
Beginner
Thanks alex ...then will start learning php
0 Kudos