Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Which technology is used to create Snapchat App?

Karan_K_
Beginner

Hello, I am just wondering that which technology or mobile app development language is used to create Snapchat Application, I want to develop similar kind of application like Snapchat Login but I still think that I don't have much knowledge regarding the languages which is used to develop such applications so, can anybody here help me with this?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Quoc-Thai_L_Intel

Hello, You can check out the Intel (R) XDK Forum: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk.  Thanks, Thai

0 Kudos
Porubay__Alex
Beginner

It depends on which platform you are going to develop an app. If it is iOS than you need Swift and objective-c, if it is android Java and Python I guess, check this info, it may help How to make an app like Snapchat

0 Kudos
Sherman__Ben
Beginner

I was also interested in this question, thanks for the comprehensive answer.

png

0 Kudos
Makarenko__Roman
Beginner

I know about two things about SnapCat:

The first is that it is developed on PHP
Secondly, this is what the design for the snapshot was done by one of these design firms.

Also, need to understand that the guys from Snapchat have huge servers. What kind of web hosting do they use? It is hard to say. I think something like NetShop.

0 Kudos
Makarenko__Roman
Beginner

Also, besides the fact that they wrote it on PHP, you need to understand that the snapshot has huge servers. What kind of web hosting do they use? It is hard to say. I think something like NetShop.

0 Kudos
Tanc
Beginner

If you want to know how to make a snapchat like app, you should find about both front-end and backend technologies. For front-end development, where they use Bootstrap and Java. other languages used for this app are Python, Objective-C for iOS, and PHP or hosting, Snapchat makes use of AWS (Amazon Web Service). Snapchat uses NoSQL as a database. 

0 Kudos
IPmedia1
Beginner

For Snapchat development

• Bootstrap and Javascript is used for front-end development. 
  • Python, Objective C, cocoa touch, and PHP are also used.
  • Amazon web service were used for hosting.
  • NoSQL is also used for database.
0 Kudos
biswal__minati
Beginner

Programming languages Snapchat uses like Python, Objective-C, Ruby, Android-SDK, Java- Script, and Cocoa Touch and PHP are immensely used to build this popular Snapchat app.

0 Kudos
Biswas__Sourodip
Beginner

Building an app like Snapchat requires a lot of efforts. Let's make it simple for you.

Snapchat like filters app can be coded using a range of programming languages. Languages may differ according to the platform. For instance, Objective-C is used to build apps like Snapchat for iPhone. Bootstrap and Javascript are used for front-end development. Python, Cocoa Touch and PHP are some of the other Snapchat programming languages.

Also, if you want to have an explicit idea about apps like snapchat, you may read this in-depth article "How to create apps like Snapchat". In it you will learn more about its top features, monetization strategies, Snapchat's alternatives and many more.

I hope you find it useful.

0 Kudos
Babych__Maksym
Beginner

The snapchat uses the technology of augmented profitability. By the way, Instagram also uses this for its masks.
In my article How to Create an App Like Instagram, I described it

0 Kudos
Mondal__Mintu
Beginner

It depends on which platform you are going to develop an app. What kind of hosting you would like yo use? If you need it on iOS then Swift and Objective-C is used to build apps like Snapchat for iPhone but if you need it on Android, I guess you can check my article on how to create an app like Snapchat.

0 Kudos