Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Why is the developer link disabled?

jacace
New Contributor I
Why is the developer link disabled at http://software.intel.com/en-us/visual-computing/

and

I'd like to join the Visual Computing as a developer, but I don't find a good starting point, I mean, all content in the page is about advanced topics (like Havok).

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_P_Intel
Employee
Quoting - beerandcandy

things are happening

I'm sure of it.
But by the meanwhile, when willdeveloper info come back?
and How can I start in the Intel'sVisual Computing community?I mean, what is the starter documentation?

Thanks,

Hi all,
Thanks for the posts! As far as the Developers site goes - don't worry - a gray badge indicates that you've arrived at your destination. Since the Developers badge is gray on the Visual Computing landing page - you're actually on the Developers page. It is really good feedback to know that we can use more starter info. The tabbed area in the middle of the page is arrangedaround some ofthe typical areas we've seen interest from developers - for instance working on multi-threading an application, or methods specific to working with media applications. These aren't necessarily the best - and certainly not the only way to arrange our content - so definitely let us know what you'd like to see!
All the best,
- Pitz

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jacace
New Contributor I
Why is the developer link disabled at http://software.intel.com/en-us/visual-computing/

and

I'd like to join the Visual Computing as a developer, but I don't find a good starting point, I mean, all content in the page is about advanced topics (like Havok).

Thanks a lot

where is everyone?

0 Kudos
delacy__david
Beginner

things are happening
0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Quoting - beerandcandy

things are happening

I'm sure of it.
and How can I start in the Intel'sVisual Computing community?I mean, what is the starter documentation?

Thanks,
0 Kudos
Steve_P_Intel
Employee
Quoting - beerandcandy

things are happening

I'm sure of it.

Thanks,

Hi all,
Thanks for the posts! As far as the Developers site goes - don't worry - a gray badge indicates that you've arrived at your destination. Since the Developers badge is gray on the Visual Computing landing page - you're actually on the Developers page. It is really good feedback to know that we can use more starter info. The tabbed area in the middle of the page is arrangedaround some ofthe typical areas we've seen interest from developers - for instance working on multi-threading an application, or methods specific to working with media applications. These aren't necessarily the best - and certainly not the only way to arrange our content - so definitely let us know what you'd like to see!
All the best,
- Pitz
0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Hi all,
All the best,
- Pitz

Hello Steve,

Thanks a lot for your reply,

I understand that Intel provides the hardware and low level API's to develop visually rich application.
But I also undestand that developers still need other API's like Directx or OpenGL.

So it would be cool if some link points to contents coverign how to start in such areas. I mean, something like "Start here with ....".

Cheers,
0 Kudos