Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Wireless drivers for 4965AG

mxdb95
Beginner
I am trying to build a Ghost boot disk to include an Intel 4965AG Wireless driver for a Lenovo Thinkpad T61. I have attempted to add to the library, the files that device manager says are the drivers for this interface but, Ghost says that these files are not drivers. I have added drivers for other NIC's and they always seem to have a .inf file included. But, there is not one listed for this device. Virtually all the driver files I have downloaded for this device are an executable that pre-supposes that it is being run on the machine that needs the drivers installed. Obviously, when booting to a Ghost image, the platform is likely unknown at the time of creating the boot CD. Can anyone provide me with a work-around or definate solution?

If this query is in the wrong forum, please feel free to redirect it.

Also, it would be helpful to me if, any responses would be copied to MXDB95@aol.com

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Aubrey_W_
New Contributor I
Hello Tom,

For this issue we recommend contacting the Ghost software manufacturer, since we have no information about how it determines which files are drivers.

Best regards,

==
Aubrey W.
Intel Software Network Support
0 Kudos
Taronyu
Beginner
The last version of Ghost I used was build on top of DOS. Obviously, if they still use DOS, you will need DOS device drivers because the Windows versions won't work. I can remember the struggle I had with crappy USB drivers in order to use my external USB 2.0 hdd... though networking worked quite well. I used the integrated boot media wizard to include any drivers that I needed.
0 Kudos