Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

XDK 2893 Plugin Management

Bob_P_
Beginner

Love the new plugin management system on 2893 build.
However, built apk and included:

1. cordova-plugin-camera

2. cordova-plugin-file

When installing the apk the permissions read "Modify or delete the content of your SD card..."  and "WI-FI...."
There is no mention of "take pictures and videos"

Which leads me to believe that the camera plugin is not included within the build.
However, I can see the camera plugin within the plugins folder, so it's downloaded correctly.

The camera functionality does not work within my app. Is the above the reason why?

Also, the plugin manager has only the option for cordova-plugin-camera 1.2.0
The most current is 2.1.0
I'm aware I can manually add the latest version from the github repo
But shouldn't the Plugin Management always offer the latest versions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

I would highly recommend creating a simple app first. Please follow the instructions provided in this article

https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/articles/cordova-core-plugin-camera-short-code-example

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The recommended version is based on the versions of the core plugins that were released in conjunction with the corresponding CLI release. The 2.1 release of the camera plugin will not work, since it has a dependency on cordova-android@5.0.0, which will be part of our future CLI 5.4.1+ build system.

If you want to see specifically if a plugin was included, and which version was included, you can use this code nugget:

if( cordova.require ) {                         // print included cordova plugins
    console.log(JSON.stringify(cordova.require('cordova/plugin_list').metadata, null, 1)) ;
}

0 Kudos