Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

XDK 3088 build webapps with different permissions

Diego_Calp
Valued Contributor I

Hi Intel!

I noted that the latest version build webapps with all files with only owner read & write permissions (600 attribute value in Linux)

If I upload the webapp as downloaded from build to a Linux server it will not run. What I'm doing now is change the whole permissions to 755.

This wasn't the case before, I remember that after download I can FTP the folder to the server and it runs without changes.

My questions is the reason of this change, perhaps I need to change some of my practices. It's not problem to me to change the permissions, I'm just curious.

I'm using XDK OSX version.

Thanks a lot, regards.

Diego

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Dale_S_Intel
Employee

It looks like this is an unintentional side effect of some other changes in the build.

I'll let the developers know and post back here when it's fixed.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Dale

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Dale_S_Intel
Employee

It looks like this is an unintentional side effect of some other changes in the build.

I'll let the developers know and post back here when it's fixed.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Dale

0 Kudos
Diego_Calp
Valued Contributor I

Hi Dale,

Thank you very much.

A side question, this forum is the best way to ask or inform something that could be a bug? Or there are or you prefer another channel?

Regards,

Diego

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

Hi Diego,

The forum is monitored by the support staff and is the best way to communicate or discuss bugs at the moment. We can reproduce the issue, file the bug internally and update the status on the thread. Thank you for your efforts!

0 Kudos
Dale_S_Intel
Employee

Diego,

I'm told this issue should be fixed now.  Please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks!

Dale

0 Kudos
Diego_Calp
Valued Contributor I

Hi Dale,

Thank you very much for your reply. I've just tested it and something is still wrong.

My steps:

1. Build tab, delete uploaded projects from build server.

2. Build Web Application.

3. Download it with the down arrow button in build tab.

5. Unzip it and upload the complete extracted folder to my server using FileZilla (Server is Ubuntu 14.04 LTS).

The directories now have the correct file permissions (755), but I don't remember how was before.

The files still are 600 (owner rw only).

Attached are some captures.

I'm using XDK 3088 on OSX El Capitan.

Regards,

Diego

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Diego - Thank you for checking and letting us know of the problem. I will pass this information on to the build engineers.

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

@Diego - It took some time to be able to reproduce this error because the engineer working on it was using the command line unzip utility. It was only when he tried using the Archive Utility that he discovered that you have no control over the permissions when you use this tool.

Investigated a bit further on this.
I could only reproduce the issue by extracting the zip file using Mac "Archive Utility". 
Unzipping from command line unzip example:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 owner group 1.5K Jan 1 1980 index.html

Unzipping using "Archive Utility" example:
rw------ 1 owner group 1.5K Jan 1 1980 index.html

"Archive Utility" gives no way to control (or set) permissions.

Please tell me which tool you were using.

Pamela

0 Kudos
Diego_Calp
Valued Contributor I

Hi Pamela,

You are right. If I unzip the site zip with OSX Archive Utility the permissions are set to rw for the owner, but when I tried with The Unarchiver, an uncompression tool that I use for rar it works fine, the unziped folder uploaded to a server works as expected.

Thank you very much. It is not much trouble to change the permissions but is better with less steps.

Just one note, I'm working in the same computer since I started with XDK (about an year) and in some version this changed. Before I unzip just double clicking (Archive Utility default), upload, and the permissions were OK.

Thanks again to you and the team.

Best wishes,

Diego

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Thanks for the feedback, Diego. I will pass that information on to the engineer who was working with this issue.

No problem. Glad to help!

Pamela

0 Kudos