Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

XDK Login Changes and Issues

Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Hello Intel XDK and forum Users,

As of today (June 26, 2015) we have finished our migration of Intel XDK accounts to the more secure intel.com login system (the same login system you use to access this forum). You will see a new login screen when providing your userid and password to the Intel XDK, and to App Preview. This is the intel.com login system you are seeing. Other than the change to a new login screen, there will be no difference for the majority of Intel XDK users.

We have migrated nearly all active users to the new login system, as communicated earlier on this forum (see that post below). Unfortunately, there are a few active user accounts that we could not automatically migrate to intel.com, primarily because the intel.com login system does not allow the use of some characters in userids that were allowed in the old login system.

If you have not used the Intel XDK during the past 3-4 months, your account may not have been automatically migrated. If you own one an "inactive" account it will have to be manually migrated -- please try logging into the Intel XDK with your old userid and password, to determine if it no longer works. If you find that you cannot login to your existing Intel XDK account, and still need access to your old account, please send a private message using this thread (use the "Send Author a Message" link at the top of this post) and include your userid and the email address associated with that userid in that private message, so we can guide you through the steps required to reactivate your old account.

Alternatively, you can create a new Intel XDK account (or simply use the userid and password you now use for this forum). If you have submitted an app to the Android store from your old account you will need access to that old account to retrieve the Android signing certificates in order to upgrade that app on the Android store; in that case, creating a new account is not advised.

Thanks,

-- the Intel XDK team

------ Problems with Multiple Accounts and Android Certificate Signing Alerts ----

Each Intel XDK account has a unique Android developer certificate. That unique certificate must be used each time you update apps to the Android store that were originally built with that account. This means apps built and published with account “A” must be updated with the Android certificate stored in account “A” and those built and published using account “B” must be updated with the Android certificate stored in account “B.”

If you have only published apps to the Android store with one Intel XDK account, the certificate in that account is the only important one. If you have successfully published apps built with both accounts you must continue to use both certificates for future updates to those apps. Note that apps that have never been published to the store are not important to this discussion, with regard to certificates.

If you do have two (or more) published apps, built using both accounts, you have the following options:

-- continue to use the existing accounts to build updates for each of those apps
-- retrieve the certificates from your Intel XDK accounts and self-sign those apps (help required from Intel)

If you have only published apps built with one account, you have the following options:

-- delete the non-published account and only use the account that was used to build your published apps
-- merge the two accounts (help required from Intel) so only one account uses the “correct” certificate
-- retrieve your published certificate from your Intel XDK account and self-sign all apps (help required from Intel)

Before doing the above, if you created the second account because you couldn’t get logged into your first account, then please go to https://signin.intel.com using the username from your first account and click the “Forgot Your Password?” link to reset your password. After you have reset your password you can access the Intel XDK with the original username and any builds you perform will be signed using your original certificates.

We can merge your two accounts, which would leave you with one of the two existing certificates. This would prevent you from updating an application with the account you choose to remove. We can remove the certificates associated with Account "A" and instead use the certificates from Account "B," or vice-versa. If you choose such an option, your existing certificates for one of the accounts will be no longer recoverable.

Finally, we can send both of your existing Android account certificates to you and you can choose to use the XDK to build un-signed applications, which you would then re-sign yourself (locally on your development machine) using the certificate of choice.

NOTE: once a certificate is lost it cannot be retrieved.

-- the Intel XDK team

-------- Incorrect Login Redirect with App Preview --------

In a few rare instances you may see an "appcenter" page like that shown in the image below when logging into App Preview from your device. Click the big X in the upper right corner of the page and the App Preview login should continue properly. This is a known issue that is awaiting a resolution.

-------- Original Login Changes Post --------

Hello Intel XDK and forum Users,

In an effort to unify Intel XDK users accounts completely with Intel Developer Zone (and intel.com), part of our final phase of migration is starting today. So far, we have (mostly) silently enabled new and existing XDK user accounts access intel.com and Intel Developer Zone. Starting today, we will be providing the existing Intel Developer Zone (IDZ) users access to Intel XDK. In doing so, you may get confused as to whether to use your old XDK login or the IDZ one. To avoid login confusion, here are the possible scenarios, it will help you understand your particular case. You fall into one of these 4 categories -- the first three require nothing extra for you to do.

1. You have an existing XDK account (but do not have IDZ account): We have created an IDZ account with the same username as your XDK account and you can log into XDK and IDZ both using this account.
  2. You are a new user and you registered for Intel XDK: Along with your XDK account creation you get access to IDZ using the same credentials.
  3. You have an existing IDZ account (but no XDK account): You will be able to login into XDK using your IDZ credentials after you accept the terms and conditions on XDK login page.
  4. You have existing XDK account and existing IDZ account:
    1. If you had same login username and password for XDK and IDZ account you will continue to use the same for both.
    2. If your usernames for XDK and IDZ accounts are same but passwords are different – you will be prompted to merge your accounts and enter your intel.com password. After you enter “validate and Merge”, you will be able to use this credentials to log in into both XDK and IDZ.
    3. If Your XDK username and IDZ usernames were different:
      1. Now you have two intel.com accounts, You will be able to login into IDZ using both credentials.
      2. You will be able to login into XDK using your existing XDK username as usual and also using your IDZ account credentials after you agree to terms and conditions on XDK login page.
      3. When you login into XDK using your IDZ account credentials, it’s going to be a new XDK account so you will not be able to access your existing project or certificates during that login session, so it is recommended that you continue using your current XDK account credentials so you have access to your existing projects and certificates.

-- the Intel XDK team

0 Kudos
32 Replies
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Update:

Along with new XDK login screen you will see the similar login screen for login into App Preview on your mobile devices. As of now, we have figured one issue where iOS App Preview is not able to fetch the apps from the server. Please bear with us while we are trying find the solution.

0 Kudos
Tester_D_
Beginner

Hi Swati,

I keep being redirected to this App Dev Center page, instead of a login page on my MotoG using App Preview. Actually I saw once this login page, (the same I'm successfully logging in on XDK), but I'm constantly seeing wrongly the aforementioned page. Now I'm stuck and I can't open the list of apps for testing.

Thanks in advance!

Erik

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Hello Erik,

Are you trying on Android or iOS? Make sure you have latest App Preview.

Swati

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Erik, which version of App Preview are you using? It just got updated to 2.4, yesterday.

• first, make sure you've got version 2.4.0
  • if that's okay, push the X in the upper right of the page and it should work
0 Kudos
Eneko_R_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm working with app preview in Iphone 5.0 (and Intel XDK in linux). I have problems to LogIn, "Error fetching your apps from the cloud". If I use Android, it works fine. I tried to uninstall and download app preview again, but problems aren't solved.

Regards

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The change to the intel.com login system is causing that problem. I will post more information on the top of this thread later today or tomorrow. There are some bits of information I am collecting in order to make sure you have all the "what works" and "what does not work" information available.

If all else fails, you can build the app for iOS and then transfer it to your device over USB using iTunes.

More information to come...

0 Kudos
Tester_D_
Beginner
Hi guys, I'm using the newest version of App Preview, just checked. Now getting a "Login complete" message, then "Server Apps" opens instantly. The only thing different I'm doing is that I'm in another Wi-Fi connection. Testing on a Brazilian MotoG XT1040, wirh Android Kit Kat 4.4.4. Thanks for the fast reply and for the help Swati, Paul! Erik
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Yes, a fix was implemented that now allows App Preview on iOS to login correctly!

There is still an outstanding issue with emailing a built iOS app and mailing it to your phone -- that does not work, the only workaround is to install the app using iTunes. That fix may take more time to resolve.

0 Kudos
Volkan_K_1
Beginner

Hi I just lived the same problem 2 day ago and luckily solved it finding out that I had 2 accounts. After the update of Intel XDK I think it was like last week I did it didn't login automatically so I entered the username and password which I remembered at that time (this was my old actually the first login information) so then I saw my IOS certificates didn'T work and provisioning files etc so I thought had to do with the update until 2 days ago when I decided to update one of my games at google play it gave a signing certificate issue telling me:

Upload failed
You uploaded an APK that is signed with a different certificate to your previous APKs. You must use the same certificate. Your existing APKs are signed with the certificate(s) with fingerprint(s):
[ SHA1: 5F:1F:66:25:07:29:79:D1:B2:52:91:E9:0F:DA:2F:19:3B:27:8D:9E ]
and the certificate(s) used to sign the APK you uploaded have fingerprint(s):
[ SHA1: 32:37:51:EE:E6:6C:2F:AA:50:D5:31:0E:70:37:1A:C3:1C:B2:45:FD ]

Then when I realised the problem I logged out and this time logged in with my email not a username and then everything was fine and everything went back to normal.

Now from the post above it says that you can connect the two accounts. Is that really necessary or can I go with my previous account to build because all of my games at google play and itunes are built on this account and I am scared that I will have issues after combining two accounts especially with Google play signing Certificate. Becayse with itunes I can still get new certficates and create new prov files but seems it is not the same with Google play they simpl won'T accept the update with a different signed apk.

The thing with my current account is after the built finised and email sent it doesn't let me to download the link from a secure download and says

{"rtn":"fail","rtnmsg":"User is not authorized"}

so I either have to send a public link or directly download from the build page of Intel XDK.

I would appreciate the help thank you.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

If all of your apps were built with the older account you should stick to using that account. I'll inform the engineers in charge of the odd problem regarding the inability to download unless you use the public link. This may be related to the dual account problem.

0 Kudos
Nv
Beginner

I am able to login into intel app preview ( ios ) but unable to fetch "Local Apps" though server Apps are working fine. 

On fetching local apps I am getting error - " an error occurred while fetching user settings". I am on version 2.3.3 ( iOS ) as I don't see version 2.4 in iOS store https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/intel-app-preview/id725023841?mt=8

0 Kudos
Anonymous56
Beginner

Nv wrote:

I am able to login into intel app preview ( ios ) but unable to fetch "Local Apps" though server Apps are working fine. 

On fetching local apps I am getting error - " an error occurred while fetching user settings". I am on version 2.3.3 ( iOS ) as I don't see version 2.4 in iOS store https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/intel-app-preview/id725023841?mt=8

I'm experiencing the same, plus that I have to log in each and every time I want to start an app, even if I don't restart the App Preview.

The debugger is also not picking up on the app that I started...things seem to be a little messed up at the moment

Jouke

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

App Preview 2.4 is only available for the Android version -- the iOS version is still 2.3.3. The changes in the Android version were needed to support the new Debug tab features that are part of the Early Access release, otherwise, there is no difference when compared to the iOS version.

When using the local tab in App Preview your device must be on the same local subnet as your workstation AND the Intel XDK Test tab must be set to "WIFI" (see the image below). You may also have to push the "Update Server" button to get your device to see the XDK. If they are on different subnets this function will not work.

That said, I tried to confirm that things are working correctly and they are not working correctly with either iOS or Android. I will inform engineering.

Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 7.36.02 AM.png

0 Kudos
Marc_M_1
Beginner

Hi There,

I've been e-mailing my problem the last couple of weeks to the html5tools@ address but i still don't have any answer about my probem. By posting it here i hope others will be able to help me.

• We used to have an account which we used a couple of times to build our app to deploy it to the app stores (aprox. 14.000 installs)
  • Last couple of months we haven't made any changes to our apps, so we didn't login into Intel XDK.
  • We're planning to do an update on short notice
  • Last month I tried to login into the new XDK, but our account seems to be gone!?
  • Password reset / Forgot my username, won't work for me.

It's very frustating our development proces is held back by such a trivial problem.

Kind regards

Marc

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I'll forward your message to the folks that should be able to help resolve your account.

0 Kudos
Marc_M_1
Beginner
Hi Paul, Thanx for your reply, they can't seem to help me, and are redirecting me to the 'IDZ guys'. I see the account still exists here on the forum, but i cannot do a password reset. The link to the user is: https://software.intel.com/en-us/user/1137838 I would like to regain access to that account because all production certificates are tied to it. Please help me. Kind regards
0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I sent you an email to your marc@ email address.

0 Kudos
Simone_L_1
Beginner
My account simlev@ was apparently deleted. I last used it in May and would now like to update an app. Even the "forgot password" and "forgot user ID" forms did not help, giving the message "no information found". I used the "Contact Us" form and Diego M. told me to post to this forum. So, I signed up again withe the same email address, but unfortunately the signing key was not preserved. Please find the old account, retrieve its key and attach it to the account I'm currently using. Given what happened, I'd also like to get a backup copy of the key. Regards.
0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Simone,

Please verify the following in an email to html5tools@intel.com (your email MUST come from the account you want restored):

• You have successfully used your original account before (i.e. you know that the email was not mis-typed when you created the account)?
  • Are you able to log in to IDZ (the developer forum) with your original account (assuming you had an IDZ account)?
  • Did you (in May) have an IDZ account and a separate Intel XDK account?
  • If you need accounts merged, please send email from both accounts (to html5tools@intel.com) so that we ensure that we are merging the right accounts.
0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Wonderful! I am glad your problem is solved.

0 Kudos